Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Answering machines?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Answering machines?

Answering machines? 01 Oct 2001 10:18 #2070

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
We've talked about this before but I'm still looking for that perfect service. We have 3 lines and two machines because we found that people could not get through. When you hear the phone ring in our lobby it's because # one line is busy. We use one of those 200.00 programmable machines ..press one, press 2, etc. and then just a cheapy on the chaser. Both take messages. We also have a ring-mate # so that you can call in and talk to a human being. Verizon in the East is not taking any new orders for line service because their main office was next to World Trade Ctr. and it was destroyed. Others use "voice mail" offered by phone companies but it seemed too short for me. What do you all do for answering services?
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Answering machines? 03 Oct 2001 21:37 #2071

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
I have a panasonic machine that has 15 minutes of recordable time between 3 mail boxes. when you call you get the times, press #1, you get a review. #2 Avalon info like prices and location. it is set up with no answer/busy call forwarding to a voice mail number at a pager company. I get 30 seconds on that where i post only showtimes. so, i get away with one line, a $200 andswering machine and a $7.99 a month voice mail. for lost and found or human contact, i use my cell. the number is on the info recording stating exactly what it's for and how rude I'll be if you call for showtimes, tickets, or to sell me something. this has worked for me for many years.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.138 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction