Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Filling The Balcony
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Filling The Balcony

Filling The Balcony 10 Sep 2001 12:00 #2066

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
I have a small balcony in my theater and I have a problem with filling it. Most everyone wants to sit in the middle. Everyone squeezes into the twenty five middle seats and hardly no one sits in the remaining twenty five on the sides. I've tried to reduced the side seats and it worked for awhile;but slowly they started trickling down stairs when the center seats were taken. Any suggestions as what I could do to utilize these seats.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Filling The Balcony 11 Sep 2001 09:48 #2067

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Is there anything wrong with those particular seats? Anything blocking the view?

Install retrofit cupholder armrests on those particular seats. That should get them to sit there!

Re: Filling The Balcony 14 Sep 2001 13:32 #2068

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
We have a small oddly shaped balcony. Our whole theatre... 1 of 3... is rectangular and set sideways to the screen. In this room people all have places they want to sit and they seem to shuffle through them as they can't sit in the choice/best places.

My advice on how to fill those seats is very simple: sell out the house. They'll sit in the worst seats you have.
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Filling The Balcony 02 Oct 2001 14:08 #2069

• mesbursmith
  • Expert Boarder
We have noticed that there is a strong return to theatres with balconies. In the past eighteen years that we have been designing movie theatres, we have designed at least ten auditoriums with balconies. I don't know what your balcony is like, but I'm sure if you sent us some photos, we could help determine why your patrons aren't filling the seats. Check out our web site at [url=http://www.mesbursmith.com.]www.mesbursmith.com.[/url] There is a photo of the 750 seat balcony theatres we designed at Universal City Cinemas in Los Angeles.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction