Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Changing the Face of Movies
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Changing the Face of Movies

Changing the Face of Movies 20 Sep 2001 08:56 #2032

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
In the wake of the terroist attacks, the movies, like everything else will probably see some big changes. Are the days of "Die Hard" and "Airforce One" over? Will people be turned off by this kind of action adventure?
I think, from a personal point of view, that being saturated by the news media in the upcoming months, years if need be, will be enough for me. These types of movies will no longer hold the interest they once had.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Changing the Face of Movies 20 Sep 2001 13:14 #2033

• Mike
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
A friend in NYC say's that when a truck drops a sheet of metal everyone jumps, that everyone keeps an eye on the tall buildings, and I saw how people flinched even in Rush Hour 2 when a building blew up. There's no question that escapism that takes us to a place where we don't want to go is not much in the way of an attractive option. You will see less of these type films for a while. Thank God for Harry Potter and The Hobbit!

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Changing the Face of Movies 25 Sep 2001 12:14 #2034

Hey everyone:

It has been a long time for me, and it's my bad! Sorry :{)} (that is me with my goatee)
Anyways for those of you who were not at Kalispell they showed the movie Bad Day, and they (the movie company) pushed it out a year due to some content that they felt might be difficult for people to see. So it would seem, that immediately you are correct, that this will have an impact on movies with terrorists content.

Have an outstnading day!!

Seaitng Guy
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.146 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction