Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Free Passes

Free Passes 24 Sep 2001 10:55 #2028

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
I am curious to know what the different policies are on free passes. How many do you get printed at a time? How many do you distribute in a week, month, ect.? What types of passes do you offer? I'm just trying to get ideas. Right now all I give out are passes that people ask for as gifts. I know that there must be other programs that would warrant a free pass.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Free Passes 24 Sep 2001 12:23 #2029

• Mike
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
We give free passes to raffles, etc. etc. and every group under the sun! Church, scouts, Gay Pride, you name it. Maximum of two. We also have the "allow two in for the price of one" tickets which are for the lesser causes so as to actually encourage money to enter oour biz. We have them printed on card stock, number them ourselves, and keep a close eye on them so they do not go for a walk. We also hand out free passes to people who come in and help clean or usher on the weekends. We track all of our passes that are redeemed.

Lastly we have a punch card that if you get it punched 6 times the 7th is free.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Free Passes 24 Sep 2001 18:00 #2030

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
We also give out passes for Church raffles, School fundraisers and every other cause. We only ask that they ask for the passes using their own letterhead so that we can track it for tax purposes. But boy are there a lot of people with their hands out. They always seem to arrive during our busiest show times. Ky just hands them a business card, explains what we need and tells them to mail it in to us. We had people asking us for donations the week before we opened and hadn't even printed up tickets yet! We sent them on their way.

I am wondering if this is a small town phenomenon because there are more people asking in Santa Rosa than ever asked when I was a manager in Denver.

Re: Free Passes 24 Sep 2001 19:18 #2031

Large,

I may be a small town thing everyone under the sun asks for them here and I just had to start setting a monthly limit and then saying no after that.
I required a letterhead as well.

In Houston Tx we rarely had people ask for passes, I guess they had other places to get free stuff.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.398 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction