Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 100% on Tuesday the 25th

100% on Tuesday the 25th 20 Sep 2001 10:45 #2016

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
NATO, theatre owners, and film distribs are organizing for next Tuesday to donate 100% of tik and concession sales for the day of Tuesday Sept. 25th to be donated to the Red Cross Sept. 11th Fund. Our theatre will be doing this and we were already going to donate 25% of this Friday.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 100% on Tuesday the 25th 22 Sep 2001 06:23 #2017

My three screen is going to be participating as well. I have even had the kids offer to work for free because I am not making any money that night. Says a lot for these kids.
I guess this is what it is all about.
lance

Re: 100% on Tuesday the 25th 22 Sep 2001 13:56 #2018

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
We went round and round on this one. First Ky thought we should do it, but I was opposed because we weren't involved in the decision. Then Ky was opposed because NATO hadn't cleared it with the smaller distributors who control many of our films. Then the newspaper published an article saying that all the theatres including us were going to participate without calling us. So what we have decided to do is to make a large donation to the cause but not to give all of our Tuesday Grosses and Concessions. It will probably be equal to between 25% and 50% of our business.

Re: 100% on Tuesday the 25th 22 Sep 2001 14:27 #2019

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
How did you find out about this. Were you notified by NATO or??? I have heard nothing about it except here and would like more info on it.
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: 100% on Tuesday the 25th 22 Sep 2001 14:29 #2020

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
How did you find out about this. Were you notified by NATO or??? I have heard nothing about it except here and would like more info on it. is it supposed to be based on just profits or all money taken in that night irregardless or costs? Thanks for any info. Linda
This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: 100% on Tuesday the 25th 22 Sep 2001 16:20 #2021

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
All the theatres belonging to NATO received a fax or letter.

NATO is sponsoring a Victims' Benefit Day at the Movies on Tuesday, Sept. 25. Participation is open to all theatres
(including non-NATO members). A press release has been prepared (shown below) which may be released after
1:00 p.m. (PST) today. NATO is contacting distribution to ask them to waive film rental for that day. So far the
response has been positive. Participating theatres should contact NATO so that they can be listed on the Web
site.

Press Release:

The members of America's movie theatre industry, like all Americans, were deeply saddened by the tragic events of
September 11, 2001. We wish to express our heartfelt sympathy to all those whose lives were so painfully altered
by last week's terrible events in New York City, Washington, D.C. and Pennsylvania. We also recognize and
commend the heroic efforts of the individuals and organizations who have worked so tirelessly in the rescue and
relief operations.

We want to help the cause. Tuesday, September 25th, 2001 will be "Victims' Benefit Day at the Movies." On that
day, 100% of ticket and concession sales at participating movie theatres will be donated to the American Red
Cross Disaster Relief Fund and the September 11th Fund of the United Way.

A list of participating theatre companies will be available on the National Association of Theatre Owners (NATO)
website (natoonline.org).

For further information about the benefit contact {insert local theatre name} or the National Association of
Theatre Owners.

John Fithian
President
National Association of Theatre Owners
North Hollywood, California
(818) 506-1778

Re: 100% on Tuesday the 25th 22 Sep 2001 16:33 #2022

• Linda
  • Gold Boarder
Thanks for the info. We've been a member of NATO for about the last 15 years and didn't receive any thing on it, although we have been having trouble with our mail so maybe we just haven't gotten it yet. I did Email NATO this morning for something, but I'm sure I won't hear anything until MOnday. A little late for much promotion though.

Re: 100% on Tuesday the 25th 24 Sep 2001 12:27 #2023

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
They tried faxing it to us but it failed for some reason. I heard it first from Andreas Fuchs (who write in FJ) but it took on a life of its' own as I kept hearing it from everywhere. My only concern is how are "they" going to possibly hand out all the money they've collected?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.197 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction