Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Trailer Park?

Trailer Park? 17 Sep 2001 11:42 #2003

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
We're working on setting up a "trailer exchange" that would be primarily used by people seeking trailers and then it would be up to individuals like you and me to arrange sending what you might have. I'm thinking this: I can't do this out of the great and good kindness of my heart so I'm thinking something like 10.00 shipping and handling for 1 trailer or some such. I'd like to hear what you think would be fair to the person looking for trailers AND to the people who have to dig them out and mail them. If it is not fair and is a pain in the a-- then it will not fly. And I assume this will be on a cash up front basis. WE shipped trailers to Princeton and the projjie said they'sd pay shipping but never did and became invisible so enough of that BS. Who needs it? What do you think?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Trailer Park? 17 Sep 2001 18:17 #2004

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
Mike -
I am not sure how to answer this. NATO recognizes this as a big problem for us little independent guys and the best that they can suggest is that we buddy up to a first run theater that gets lots of trailers. Then they would pass them on to us when they are done with them.

We are lucky in that we DO have a local first run that has been very kind to us, but we still don't have a large volume of useable trailers. We usually only run 1 -2 trailers on any given film in addition to our policy trailers.

I am not sure that we would know what we need in time to get them shipped from some other theater. Say we book on Monday, would we want to pay to have a trailer shipped to us in time for the movie opening on Friday? I am not sure. By that time we would just say, oh well! You can't always cross pollinate trailers with the other movies running at the same time, because they appeal to different demographics. I prefer to have the trailers early enough to work with them on a similar type film. I might pay shipping, but then again I might not.

We started sending out our used trailers with the movies since that is really the only inexpensive way to get them in the hands of someone who can possibly still use them. I am not sure what the trailer recycling program set up by the studios was supposed to accomplish. To me, it means that I am certain not to get a trailer if everyone sends them back. Studios never send them to me. Please enlighten me if you know something else about this.

I do enjoy ordering trailers online from Universal and would applaud any other studio that has a program that works similarly.

Re: Trailer Park? 18 Sep 2001 11:17 #2005

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
No first run theatres needs this service because they are grabbing every trailer they can get near. Even we who play things usually first run and then some later, sometimes much later....like we open Memento this weekend!... This exchange would primarily be for second run and after market such as colleges, etc.

Would you display a framed trailer?

I was immensely angry and frustrated at the trailer distribs when I first got into this trying to get stuff and fighting like crazy. I've learned to get everything I can, order stuff I never heard of, and grab trailers attached to films, anything: nothing sells a film like a good trailer.

We'll see: if you want a trailer and we'll see if it works.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.136 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction