Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Show East 2001

Show East 2001 22 Aug 2001 16:55 #1965

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
I'm going to Show East 2001 in Orlando Florida October 30 through November 3. I don't really have a good reason for going except that my business partner has been absent most of the summer and he owes me. Besides I want to ride Kraken at Sea World.

I signed up to stay at a Day's Inn somewhere between Sea World and the Marriott that Show East is being held in. I didn't feel I could afford $195 per night for the Marriott. Day's Inn is going for $79 per night. Does anybody have a favorite motel in Orland they could recommend to me? Do you guys take public transportation like we do in Vegas or do you rent a car?

I bought the big ticket as I wish to see the screenings at Show East. I look forward to seeing a few of you there.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Show East 2001 23 Aug 2001 10:16 #1966

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
I went last year and it was fun. I rented a car but it never moved from the lot after I arrived until I left for the airport. A cab would have been cheaper. I stayed at The Marriott which was very convenient. There was plenty of parking so you could easily go to and from. There is shuttle buses that run you from the hotel (trade show and meals) to the screenings and events and they ran truly flawlessly so you won't want to run a car around during that time. I'll be there!

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Show East 2001 05 Sep 2001 15:18 #1967

• mesbursmith
  • Expert Boarder
We are exhibiting at Showeast 2001 (booth 718)and were able to get a very reasonable hotel nearby. We use a web site called www.quikbook.com to book hotels all over the world. It's an excellent service, and always has the best rates. Come visit us at Showeast.

Re: Show East 2001 05 Sep 2001 18:14 #1968

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Jusdt put up the poll for "is it a good move to late Oct?" on the home page. I'm ready to go. Last year Pepsi gave us a freebie night at Sea World and I am bringing a spare set of clothes to set way-way close to the whale if they do it again!

I like Show East a lot....seeing 2-3 movies a day until your numb but still wish it was earlier. I used the screenings to help with my booking choices. It's hard to imagine what they'll show that late in the sked.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction