Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Film Festival

Film Festival 12 Aug 2008 13:33 #19369

• Filmfisher
  • Senior Boarder
We are interested in featuring a yearly independent film festival but have no clue how to begin. How to structure, etc? Would appreciate any feedback from those who have gone before.

Thank you
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Film Festival 13 Aug 2008 09:09 #19370

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
http://www.bigscreenbiz.com/ubb/Forum39/HTML/000194.html
http://www.bigscreenbiz.com/cgi-bin//search.cgi

depends on what you are thinking of/ there's "end of season play the last 6-7 best indies, one week at a time" festival and there's film festival!!!!! with 20 or 200 films in 4 days. Which are you thinking about?

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Film Festival 13 Aug 2008 10:40 #19371

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 11
We had our 1 st film festival last year .We HAD A HUGH TURNOUT.There is a lot of work to make this work.We had over 3,000 people in 3 days in a 200 seat auditorium.We did not do it alone we had an outside co do it with us. We kept 50 % of tickets and all candy..They had sponsers after partys at clubs every night.A final night banquet.You must have a good projectionist a great dvd player as there are lots of films.I think we had about 27 short films alone .

Re: Film Festival 13 Aug 2008 11:22 #19372

• Filmfisher
  • Senior Boarder
Week long festival in February.

Re: Film Festival 13 Aug 2008 11:27 #19373

• Filmfisher
  • Senior Boarder
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by slapintheface:
We had our 1 st film festival last year .We HAD A HUGH TURNOUT.There is a lot of work to make this work.We had over 3,000 people in 3 days in a 200 seat auditorium.We did not do it alone we had an outside co do it with us. We kept 50 % of tickets and all candy..They had sponsers after partys at clubs every night.A final night banquet.You must have a good projectionist a great dvd player as there are lots of films.I think we had about 27 short films alone .<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations!! Sounds exciting, I would love to pick your brain as to the format and prep work if you would be willing to share. We have the bodies to do the work,a great projectionist as well as DVD player. Our community support including businesses is right up there. Just lost as to how to get started.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.172 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction