Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Equipment HELP!

Equipment HELP! 02 Aug 2001 03:02 #1904

• Bird
  • Senior Boarder
We are looking into upgrading our seats to highback rockers/loveseats... I am getting quotes around 150-185 per seat for good stuff. Is this is the ballpark for a 625 seat order?

Also, can you ever find used highback seats? I am told no by many seat dealers, but that may just be becasue they want to sell me the new stuff.

Any help in this area would be appreciated; contact names & numbers, or seat sites, etc. would be a big help.
Thanks

PS, what is a competitive price for 625 seats to be installed?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Equipment HELP! 02 Aug 2001 09:21 #1905

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
No new seat dealer will tell you to buy used seats. Of course you can buy used seats of whatever size, shape, condition that exists. I think if you set up a bid sheet, letter of inquiry, and started faxing it to every dealer of equipment, and note I did not say Manufacturer, you will be inundated with seat choices. I would not keep it a secret from new seat companies as they often have a customer who wants to upgrade/switch but will need to sell off their older stuff. Many seat dealers will do a complete retro on older seats: paint/fabric/arm rests/cup holders/ etc. It's worth checking. We had 150 seats completely recoated to our color, recovered, and arm rests painted (no cups and I regret it) and installed 200 miles from Allstate Seating in Boston for 45.00 per seat.

I would think this is a good time to deal.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Equipment HELP! 02 Aug 2001 12:40 #1906

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
I got my seats from a multi that was about to be bulldozed. If you put your ear to the tracks and hear something about one of these places going under, get down there and find out. My booker told me about the place where i found my seats. There were 1300 rockers about to be bulldozed under. I had to remove and ship them -- but I paid $5 a piece for them. I guess what you pay depends on how dirty you're willing to get your hands.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.233 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction