Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby DCIP settlement idea
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: DCIP settlement idea

DCIP settlement idea 08 Jul 2008 13:25 #18998

• Dean_Siren
  • Fresh Boarder
I guess most of you guys are covered by the CBG and don't worry too much about DCIP (Regal, AMC and Cinemark), but it looks like they're really in a tangle over how much Hollywood is going to help pay for those expensive new projectors. I have an idea: The entire big media conglomerates should help pay for them.

Digital projection can do far, far more than simply show better looking versions of the same Hollywood movies we now watch on film. Theoretically, everything people watch on TV can migrate into theaters with a bit of repackaging. The same big media conglerates that own Hollywood also own the TV and cable networks, so the theater chains should ask the TV and cable networks to make sports, news, talk shows and religious shows for theatrical release. These things could eventually surpass the box office of traditional movies. So if Hollywood can't or won't pay enough to cover the cost of high-end digital projectors, theaters should invite all the big players in the TV world to start playing in theaters, provided they pay their fair share.

Hollywood likes to act like there's always a drought of popular content, and squeezes theaters because of this act. If theaters could bring all the TV networks into the theatrical content biz, there'd be a glut of content, and theaters would get more favorable deals.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.148 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction