Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Hollywood Movie Money Redux

Hollywood Movie Money Redux 28 Jun 2008 16:45 #18984

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Thought I'd revisit this, as we discussed them some years back... Burney?

We've been getting these Hollywood Movie Money checks for several years. We learned early on that there are two distinctively different campaigns going. One uses an actual check. You fill out the amount of the ticket(s), up to the limit on the check, then deposit it along with your cash. They clear the bank as fast as any check, and we've never had a problem with them.

The other is not a check, but a coupon. You have to send them in and wait for your money to come back.

After hearing horror stories (though some time ago) from theatres who'd be waiting for weeks for their money, we elected to take the checks but not the coupons.

We haven't seen coupons in some time, but they've resurfaced for "Panda" and "Wall-E". We still don't take them, but it does cause a bit of consternation from the few patrons who choose to argue the point. The main problem is that they both come from Hollywood Movie Money, so we have to be careful to look them over before we accept them. The customer just sees "free movie", and doesn't care what it is.

How are the rest of you dealing with this, if at all?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Hollywood Movie Money Redux 28 Jun 2008 21:46 #18985

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
We take then few and far between..i then throw them out ..not worth the effort and the patron is happy!

Re: Hollywood Movie Money Redux 28 Jun 2008 22:21 #18986

We take them all. Check and see if you can run the coupons through the credit card machine manually. Those are nice bc the money get deposited directly into the bank account within the next 2 days and no need to go to the bank and make a deposit. I haven't seen the coupons for Kung Fu Panda, but we've been taking the checks.

Re: Hollywood Movie Money Redux 29 Jun 2008 00:55 #18987

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I take the checks and received five of them tonight. Our local Safeway is giving them out for specific food purchases. I have had no problems with them and have probably cashed over a hundred in the last three or four months.

I have read about the coupons, but have not yet seen one. Guess I will deal with them when they come in.

Tonight someone tried to use a Safeway cash register receipt coupon which had some giveaway for free movie theatre popcorn and Cinemark and a few other theatres were listed. Mine wasn't listed and it did not say Hollywood Movie Money or Movie Cash, so I did not accept it.

Re: Hollywood Movie Money Redux 29 Jun 2008 07:05 #18988

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
Aside from any problems with redemption, one issue I have with the coupons is that you could run a hundred of them off on your color printer, and nobody would know the difference.

My daughter looked up some info on the Movie Money web site. They made a big deal about security numbers and being able to "scan the barcode" to make sure each coupon could only be used once. Thing is, there's no barcode.

The "security number" is just printed on the page... it really doesn't mean anything at the boxoffice.

The Safeway promotions we've seen locally have all been checks... no problem there.

Jack
Rodeo

Re: Hollywood Movie Money Redux 29 Jun 2008 07:33 #18989

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
OK... Newsflash, of sorts.

One of the drive-in owners on our other chat list says those coupons will process through your credit card terminal, though you have to enter it manually. I tried it with ours, and it works.

Enter the "credit" line into your machine or POS manual entry window, and use the coupon expiration date as the card date.

Jack

Re: Hollywood Movie Money Redux 29 Jun 2008 15:56 #18990

• sevstar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
We have accepted the checks for years, never a problem. Also the info above is correct on how to process the coupons with your credit card terminal.

Re: Hollywood Movie Money Redux 30 Jun 2008 13:14 #18991

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
You should get on their email list. That way they send you what promotions are coming up and you can alert your staff to the print at home credit card vs the check. I have not seen a plain mail in coupon. Also I think you can look all of this up on their website. You can also mail in the print at home credit card papers with a form and they will send you a check if you don't take credit cards.

Re: Hollywood Movie Money Redux 05 Jul 2008 15:52 #18992

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
RTS does not process the credit items. I have to send them in and wait a couple of weeks to get paid. I'm really peeved about this problem. When I called RTS they indicated that Hollywood Movie Money were hard to deal with (That I already knew as I got stiffed with my first one for Happy Feet. They never answered my e mails, calls or web site postings. I finally asked them to remove my theater from their list of theaters accepting their items but I'm pretty sure they never did that.) This time I filled in a comment at their website. They answered me but would not divulge the secret redemption form until I disclosed all information about my theater so they were sure I wasn't just trying to redeem their coupons as a member of the public. I've already tried faxing in my "items" for this week. The fax machine is giving me a transmit error which tells me that their machine has run out of paper again. It is really not worth the hassle but I refuse to eat their items. So, I am still not above just turning them down.

Re: Hollywood Movie Money Redux 05 Jul 2008 19:16 #18993

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
Could it be something about how you're entering the information?... or maybe there's a new form I haven't seen.

We did run into another situation last week. Someone came here with a K-Mart receipt tape "ticket" for Incredible Hulk. We took it, then called Hollywood Movie Money. Turns out, the customer was supposed to have gone to a web site (kmart.com/hulk), entered a redemption code, then printed out the ticket form that would have worked through our credit system.

You can call "Melissa", who is the theatre relations person for HMM. I found her to be pleasant and helpful. (775) 888-4544.

Re: Hollywood Movie Money Redux 07 Jul 2008 13:24 #18994

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
I have not had any issues with getting the HMM credit to go through RTS. The only time I had issues was operator error. Rmember you must enter the expiration date in RTS as month / year. At one time my RTS screen said day / year in the expiration. That was wrong it is month and year.

As I said I have been clearing these through the RTS/Mercury pay for several weeks just fine.

Re:Hollywood Movie Money Redux 25 Apr 2009 01:16 #31420

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Back on this topic!

e-movie cash is giving me the run-a-round for four of their print-at-home-tickets. I am no longer accepting them.

Still am very happy with Hollywood Movie Money. No issues with them.

Re:Hollywood Movie Money Redux 25 Apr 2009 12:45 #31422

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
Thanks for the update. Good to know.

Re:Hollywood Movie Money Redux 28 Apr 2009 11:58 #31451

• elvislvr
  • Senior Boarder
We have the customer pay for the movie at normal prices,we print a receipt out for our customers and tell them to keep their ticket stubs and mail them in along with the coupon and Hollywood movies sends them the check. We have never had anyone walk out and not purchase a ticket. I found this out a long time ago by going to their website and calling their office and someone there told me I could handle it this way.

Re:Hollywood Movie Money Redux 30 Apr 2009 23:53 #31474

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I got paid today! Been over a month and four phone calls. I made the last call on Monday. I told them on their answering machine that they owed me money, I had called three times previously, faxed in the required data a month ago, and I was putting a sign up in my box office and a notice in my newsletter that I was no longer accepting their coupons. Four days later I got the check.

I called the number on the letter attached to the check and spoke to a manager today. She was pleasant and said it takes two weeks to process the data and send out a check. I esplained it had taken a month. She suggested I email her directly next time when I fax in the data and she will personally make sure they received the info and it has been entered for processing of the reimbursement check.

If you need her name and info, let me know.
Last Edit: 30 Apr 2009 23:55 by BurneyFalls. Reason: added info
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.254 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction