Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: seating installer

seating installer 09 Jun 2008 12:14 #18784

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
What seating installers have you used and did you like them.

I need 4 auditoriums redone with about 600 total seats. I could have my local contractor do it after he learns how but I thought there might be some installers who could do it faster and better.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: seating installer 09 Jun 2008 12:53 #18785

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
Hey Dave/ call your seat guys and they have names and numbers 3-4 installers who work all over the country. These guys move from place to place. Don't even think about having contractors do it: it's nuts. The pros are fast and get it right.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: seating installer 10 Jun 2008 15:32 #18786

• NSCInemas
  • Expert Boarder
Please make sure they stagger the rows! I know of one theatre that used to have staggered rows then thay replaced all the seats and figured they could get an extra ten or twenty seats by not staggering the rows and it's absolutely awful now! You cant see at all if someone sits in front of you.

Re: seating installer 10 Jun 2008 15:47 #18787

• Mike
  • Administrator
I can't recall ever seeing staggered seats. But we did that in our balcony as we only had a 7" riser and it really helped. But it is almost never seen in my experience.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: seating installer 10 Jun 2008 16:49 #18788

• Narrow Gauge
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
I like having a local contractor install the seats. Have done it that way on ten original screens and then five renovations. The reason to have local guys do it is they will take their time-no price per seat cost-no in and out as fast as they can slap them together. This isn' rocket science -if you been around theaters for awhile you will know what you like. I'm not saying we didn't make a few mistakes along the way -but I,m not sure the pros are perfect either. Regardless I like installing in house-gives you a complete understanding when you have to fix a seat as well.

All traditional sloped floors should be staggered-with no less than 42 inch rows. We went with 48 inch and a half seat stagger in Skowtown.

Re: seating installer 10 Jun 2008 18:00 #18789

• Mike
  • Administrator
I was in Skowtown and shows how observant I was: did not notice the stagger.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: seating installer 11 Jun 2008 13:22 #18790

• NSCInemas
  • Expert Boarder
in my experience almost every theatre i have seen with raked (sloped floor not stadium) seating had staggered rows of seats so that each seat is between the two seats in front of it. This makes a huge difference with sightlines. Basically it looks like this...

You lose a seat or two every other row but it makes a huge difference as your customers can see better. Why bother having a few extra seats if no one will come to your theatre because they can't see the screen clearly... Again, Just my opinion.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.229 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction