Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Our Hometown Theater Demolished
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Our Hometown Theater Demolished

Our Hometown Theater Demolished 29 May 2008 23:52 #18756

• Shaboomers
  • Junior Boarder
I had already put these links in another post then I thought I would just put them in a new post for those who may be interested in seeing it.

This is a video I shot a week before they started demolition on our local theater. It was the only one our town had and now we have none. This was originally opened as a Jerry Lewis Cinema on January 14th, 1972.

The previous owners had walked away from it after the leasing company raised their lease a substantial amount. The owners in protest just said "No" and closed it. It set from Sept. 2006 until March or this year when our local building inspector decided to declare it a hazard and pushed to have the building demolished. The leasing company finally agreed and so the rest is history.

As you watch this video, you will see that this theater wasn't in bad shape at all. The only hazard involved was some fiber ceiling tiles falling onto the floor because of the lobby roof having a leak. Nothing that couldn't of been fixed. However, the inspector just had to push to have it gone.

Here are two links to the video. One is where I have it on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lj7bSpC8GKc

This other one is the same but hosted on my own website which is of better quality than youtube but may be choppy if you don't have high speed connection http://www.frankfortplace.com/

I also have a photo album put together of the actual demolition. These photos also show the inside seating area. You will see a bunch of junk all over the seats. This wasn't the conditon they were in when it closed. The junk is from the demolition crew tearing walls out and a bunch of dust had gone everywhere. http://www.frankfortplace.com/Cinema-Album/

Hope you enjoy it!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Our Hometown Theater Demolished 30 May 2008 00:09 #18757

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
nicely done ..........but were is frankfort?

Re: Our Hometown Theater Demolished 30 May 2008 07:13 #18758

• Shaboomers
  • Junior Boarder
Frankfort is located in central north central Indiana. We are about two hours south of Chicago and one hour north of Indianapolis.

Re: Our Hometown Theater Demolished 30 May 2008 20:30 #18759

• jholliger
  • Expert Boarder
Shame, I managed the cinema for a short time and did block buster sales.... Never will forget my parking lot full of snow mobiles. Or running all over the community in a superman costume passing out ballons. The owners took the sales boost to leverage a good sale price but after a series of "mom & pop" managers and absentitee owners looking for the bucks it just kept going down hill.

Re: Our Hometown Theater Demolished 07 Jun 2008 08:07 #18760

• SamCat
  • Expert Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Can you open another cinema there?

Re: Our Hometown Theater Demolished 07 Jun 2008 18:43 #18761

• Shaboomers
  • Junior Boarder
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SamCat:
Can you open another cinema there?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes we can and that is what we are working on doing. Luckily we have a new mayor who just took office this past January. One of the things he said he would like to see in our town is a new cinema. He and his wife love going to the movies. However, he has a lot of other more important things on his plate at the moment and the cinema idea will be on the back burner for sometime.

We are going to make an appointment to meet with him in the near future to see if there is anything the city can do to help out in this venture. It may be a year or two but I think we may be able to pull it off.

We are in business now. We have a computer repair shop along with selling HDTVs and custom home theater installations. We have done work for a lot of people in town and everyone knows us. Hopefully this will be a good playing card when we go to get this happening.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction