Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Theater Confections Inc. ??
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Theater Confections Inc. ??

Theater Confections Inc. ?? 26 May 2008 08:36 #18621

• Shaboomers
  • Junior Boarder
Has anyone here ever dealt with Theater Confections Inc. out of New York? I know they do financing for theater owners but didn't know the whole scoop about them.

I was familiar with them when I ran our local theater here 20 years ago. The owners of this theater was finance through Theater Confections. It seems to me they did something like putting in their confections and taking 50% of your consessions until you loan was paid back. I believe they furnished the supplies also. All you did was give them 50% then the other 50% was yours.

Just looking at options here for a new theater. I will be talking to our local bank soon.

One more question. I had posted this originally in Cinema Design but that forum seems to be dead.
What is the proper height for a theater? I am looking at around 150 seats. How do you calculate the angle of the slopped floor to match your seating? Also, is it more feasible to build new or convert an exsisting building?

Thanks in advance.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Theater Confections Inc. ?? 26 May 2008 10:21 #18622

• NSCInemas
  • Expert Boarder
Boston Culinary Group of Cambridge, Ma also finances theatres. I understand that thier terms are pretty steap though, and a lot of the theatre they finance end up getting "Repossesed" and run by BCG themselves!

Re: Theater Confections Inc. ?? 26 May 2008 10:45 #18623

• Transit Drive in
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Considering the percentages you will have to give the studios for the movies, you might have a hard time breaking even if you are giving away 50% of your concession sales, too. After paying all your other bills, what's left for you?

Business loan interest rates right now are pretty low. If you are qualified, that should be a better solution than giving away 50% of the concession sales.

Rick
"As long as there are sunsets and stars at night, there will always be drive-in movies."

Re: Theater Confections Inc. ?? 26 May 2008 10:58 #18624

• Shaboomers
  • Junior Boarder
Yeah, my first choice would be our local bank. We have our current business building finance through them and are always early on our payment. Plus my house, car, etc. is financed through this bank. We also do computer and satellite work for some of the bank officials including the vice president.

I am just looking at other options if the bank doesn't pull through for us. However, hopefully they will see that we need to get a cinema back into our town since they just tore down the one we had. I live in a town of 16,000. You have to drive 30 miles to get to the nearest cinema unless you want to go to the drive-in which is only about 15 minutes away.

Our last cinema was doing good but the owners walked away from it after the leasing company raised the lease to an undesirable amount of money. Basically forcing them out. I think there is something else behind it but we will never know.

Re: Theater Confections Inc. ?? 26 May 2008 20:15 #18625

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
A good friend of mine has direct experience with them, and brought the subject up himself today.

They'll toss money and equipment your way, then take a larger percentage of your income. In his case, they provided the concession staff and product. Non-standard and short-dated product names started appearing, and they raised prices beyond what his customers would support.

When the contract expired, he put their stuff on the sidewalk and told them to "come and get it".
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.169 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction