Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Just an observation...
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Just an observation...

Just an observation... 02 May 2008 18:30 #18612

• NSCInemas
  • Expert Boarder
It seems like a lot of people come here and ask for help with projection problems. People here ask questions to ascertain what may or not be the problem, which may or may not get answered. Then people make suggestions about how to fix it, or what they think the problem is. Now thats all well and good but the problem is then the person with the problem goes away and never tells us what the problem was or how it was fixed. Why is this important you may ask? Besides the fact that I think it is downright rude to ask for help and then not follow up with the resolution it creates an incomplete archive, when someone else has the same problem and they go here and look up old threads for it, it never sais what to do to fix it, or what was really wrong. Besides that, I think it's very rude.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Just an observation... 08 May 2008 03:35 #18613

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
it's nice to be nice and it does help build the brain trust

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Just an observation... 09 May 2008 10:01 #18614

• NSCInemas
  • Expert Boarder
Don't get me wrong. I like to help people and share my knowledge and experience. I would just like to know for my own know-how what the problem turned out to be so that I will know if I was on the right track or if there was something I didnt think of so that the next time someone has a similar problem I have "another tool in the toolbelt"

I just don't get why people would come here, join the site, ask for help and then never be heard from again?

Re: Just an observation... 21 May 2008 09:34 #18615

• NSCInemas
  • Expert Boarder
Along these lines it also serves no purpose to post here asking for help and then not do any of the things people suggest to troubleshoot the problem. The biggest part of troubleshooting is collecting information, if you dont have a solution to a problem it simply means that you havent collected enough information. Some times people will ask you to do things not to fix the problem but to collect the needed information. If you don't do it, and don't report back the results there is going to be no further way to help you.

I understand that not everyone has the technical ability to assist in troubleshooting at that point they need to call in a qualified technician, and hopefully report back what he/she did, and how it was fixed.

Re: Just an observation... 22 May 2008 11:58 #18616

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
often...a tech call for help is just that... "help!" and generally it is one of 7 things people are doing to sove a tech problem. I have done this on occasion. Consider me guilty as charged. When you need help you are desparate and when you are not any loner we can be forgetful. It is great to post what eventually happened with the solution as well as state the problem. It does build the info data base. Report back.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Just an observation... 22 May 2008 20:11 #18617

I have gotten some amazing ideas from these forums - thanks to everyone who made suggestions when i was a newbie! and now too!!!

Re: Just an observation... 24 May 2008 10:19 #18618

• NSCInemas
  • Expert Boarder
Thank you Mike. I am not trying to pick on anyone or anything I just think it is more helpful to everyone to have a complete thread about the problem and the steps it took to trouble shoot it, what the solution was, and how it was fixed so that in the future when someone has the same problem they can reference the thread and hopefully save a lot of down time.

Re: Just an observation... 25 May 2008 12:39 #18619

• jenhelene
  • Senior Boarder
I'm very sorry if I seemed ungrateful in the presence of your advice or offended you in any way.

I have been very busy and am by far a frequent poster.

I also apologize if you tried to PM me or contact me in another way on this site (I am not sure how to check if such an inbox exists) about your unhappiness so that we could resolve this and I could better explain what things I have been doing to further troubleshoot the matter.

Don't take it personally -- I promise more efforts have been made for the sake of my business than to post a quick "Help!" on an internet site, check back maybe twice, and do nothing else.

I do believe in the internet being a great way to share knowledge and network, and will post a reply when I have an answer for anyone else that may have the same problem and come across the site.

Re: Just an observation... 25 May 2008 12:46 #18620

• jenhelene
  • Senior Boarder
And on the note of those that just want an answer and never report back -- It's annoying for people like me who google and look through threads and threads and do find something relevant but no answer was posted.

It's annoying but I suppose the human race is annoying. People want an answer and when they get it, they get it. Most of the time they probably did not self-diagnose their problems online solely. It does help to veer you in the right direction. But when it comes down to it, if you think something is wrong, it's time to get off of WebMD and cough up the money or courage to actually see the Doc.

So my point is: Bah, don't let it ruin your day. At least you can have the pride to say that you were there to offer assistance and just hope that they found their solution in the end.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.330 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction