Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Planning Board Issues?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Planning Board Issues?

Planning Board Issues? 18 May 2008 02:09 #18545

• mannooss
  • Senior Boarder
Has anyone here run into major issues during a renovation. I'm speaking in regards to your local planning boards.

The last thing we want to do is split our upstairs theatre to a two-screen and have the board tell us we need to install an elevator or transporter room. Though not an historically registered theatre, we've gotten by a lot of regulations because of the age of the building.

If you've run into problems, how did you rectify them? Or did you simply cancel the restoration? How often during mid-construction has a planning board changed their minds about approval?

I'd love to hear some tales.

Thanks,

- mannooss
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Planning Board Issues? 18 May 2008 10:53 #18546

• NSCInemas
  • Expert Boarder
If you havent already, I would hire an Attorney that specializes in dealing with local construction law. Often local planning boards or committees will unknowingly over step thier bounds, or not fairly enforce rules which an attorney will be able to recognize and use to your advantage. I have seen some local zoning boards make requirements that are outlandish and not legal thereby openeing the city or town up to law suits. It is best to make sure you are represented when dealing with these people.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction