Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Do you let your staff see as many films as they like?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Do you let your staff see as many films as they like?

Do you let your staff see as many films as they like? 15 May 2008 07:51 #18530

• Pieman
  • Gold Boarder
Our staff can see as many as they like. I have heard about a few places that give their staff dated passes when they work..if they want to see a film, then they have to have a pass or else pay to watch like anyone else...I find that odd
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Do you let your staff see as many films as they like? 15 May 2008 09:01 #18531

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
We let our employees watch as many movies as they want as well as get free pop and popcorn (although we do ask that they use plastic tumblers for their pop and that they bring in their own containers for the popcorn - usually ice cream buckets). We find however that most of our employees hardly watch any of the movies that we show.

Re: Do you let your staff see as many films as they like? 15 May 2008 10:26 #18532

• NSCInemas
  • Expert Boarder
I always let an employee in good standing who did not call in sick for thier previous shift and one guest see whatever they wanted as long as it was not close to selling out. Some locations would not allow employees in on weekends but I did as long as they understood that if a paying customer could not find a seat they would have to give up thiers and see something else, or come back another time.

The first theatre I worked at when I was a kid was a dollar house and we would get a few passes with ourpay checks once a month. We didn't really use them as it was a small 3 screen we would just walk in to the theatre without a ticket.

Re: Do you let your staff see as many films as they like? 15 May 2008 14:25 #18533

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
movie any time with free popcorn &soda and 1/2 price any other candy items!

Re: Do you let your staff see as many films as they like? 15 May 2008 14:55 #18534

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
free with a guest/ but we do keep an eye on people who somehow get their shifts down to one short one and yet they see 2-3 films a week with a guest. It has to be an advantage for us not for them.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Do you let your staff see as many films as they like? 16 May 2008 01:54 #18535

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Staff by themselves, can come in pretty much any time. They can bring in family or one guest once per week. No freebies during the first weeks of a new release, as that's looked for by the studio (and we sometimes need the spaces).

Staff gets employee rates when they're on the job. When attending shows, they get a free large popcorn and sodas in their own cups. No employee rates on food when off-the-clock. We have a full-service kitchen here, and it got abused, so that had to be controlled.

Re: Do you let your staff see as many films as they like? 16 May 2008 15:11 #18536

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Same as most above. Free for staff and one guest. Free soda for employee and popcorn in your own container. We prefer for the drink they use one of our refillable cups.

I have heard on one place that the staff gets a gift card and so much money is added each month up to a certain amount. They can spend it on the movie or concession and on as many guests as they like. It works well for them I am told.

Re: Do you let your staff see as many films as they like? 16 May 2008 22:30 #18537

• Pieman
  • Gold Boarder
Our staff can see as many movies as they like. During their shift they can have as much popcorn and drink as they like and 25% off any other items. When they see a film, they get 25% off their candybar food. Their immediate family member who live in the same house get a $5 ticket to see a film so long as the staff member is on the current roster. Our staff will just jump in to serve too when they watch a film if its busy..thats not a requirement, but they just do it which is really nice.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.167 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction