Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Finally adding another screen

Finally adding another screen 20 Apr 2008 20:22 #18315

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
We have started to do the necessary work to add a thrid screen. We are taking approx. 18 feet out of the back or current two rooms (will be 67 feet length and still have 180-200 seats). We will locate our current bathroom in our lobby to the space we are taking away from the back of the one of the rooms. New booth above and new hallway to the rooms below.

The new screen will be where our current bathrooms and a decent part of our lobby is. The new room will be 34' wide and 31' long. We will have a 28'W by 12'H screen and will have approx. 70 seats (5 rows starting 12' from the screen-I will always remember John P's 2x to 4x ratio).

We are doing this now so we can play this summer blockbusters as almost every studio was asking for 3 week mins. So we will have it going by May 16th for the third week of Iron Man. Yes I know that is only 25 days, but we are doing almost all of the work and we are not averse to working 7 days a week 12-16 hours a day as we already do it right now!

Anyone have any extra equipment laying around that they want to sell just email me This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it ; looking for Simplex XL, no preference on lamphouse or console, speco platter , jbl 8330 or 8340, qsc usa amps, sound processor. Their does seem to be a good amount of used equipment available right now. Hopefully that means good prices.

We are closing down tomorrow through Thursday to do most of the remodeling.

I would like to thank everyone for all of their input over the years so we have this most excellent website. Just a note for you newbies, I know I have read every post on this website at least once and the ones relevant to what I am doing now at least a half of dozen times.

Oh yeah, after we are done with the third screen, we are replacing our screens and lens in our old rooms to make them as best as they can be.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Finally adding another screen 21 Apr 2008 11:20 #18316

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
congrats, rufusjack. sounds like a helluva project. Keep us up to date on your progress if you have any energy left.

"What a crazy business"

Re: Finally adding another screen 21 Apr 2008 14:48 #18317

• NSCInemas
  • Expert Boarder
If you can find a used Xetron XCN type console or Strong Super-Lume X pedestal lamp house those are two very good lamphouses. I would stay away from a christie H or CH series (the SLC is good)I would stay away from the Xetron or cinemaccanica "trashcan" style lamphouses.

What are you putting in for sound?

Re: Finally adding another screen 21 Apr 2008 19:00 #18318

Where are you?

I have bits and pieces of alot of Platters left over from a previous owner - i think they are mostly good for scrap metal but if your around southern westchester, NY (which im guessing you arent) you can come look and see if any of it will help.

Re: Finally adding another screen 23 Apr 2008 03:09 #18319

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Show some pictures of the renovations would love to see how it turns out!

Re: Finally adding another screen 25 Apr 2008 18:40 #18320

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
Did fire marshall and codes have anything to say that were a negative?

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Finally adding another screen 25 Apr 2008 20:38 #18321

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
Mike

We are in an area where limited government intrusion is desired. So outside of basic national codes.....no serious issues to deal with. We will not need any fire marshall inspections either. Sorry to hear about your unreasonable issues.

We are located in Missouri.

Sound, if we can afford it CP650 with just the SR in it for now. otherwise probably cp65.

Re: Finally adding another screen 26 Apr 2008 10:17 #18322

• NSCInemas
  • Expert Boarder
Both the 65 and 650 are very very very good processors. I would reccomend a 65 with a da20 for digital over a 650 with just SR if the proces work out right.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.214 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction