Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Kind of a GROSS topic, but I really need to know
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Kind of a GROSS topic, but I really need to know

Kind of a GROSS topic, but I really need to know 17 Apr 2008 19:49 #18257

• jenhelene
  • Senior Boarder
We are a new movie theater, and not sure what to do in this gross-out event.

We have kind of a graphic movie booked (Funny Games), and while it is not the shaky hand-held Blair Witch or Cloverfield, what do you guys do in the event of a customer vomiting in the theater?

Do we stop the movie, turn the lights on, clean up, and resume movie, so anyone distracted by the situation doesn't miss the movie?

Not stop the movie, try to clean it up in the dark?

Not Stop the movie, clean it up after the movie and hope it doesn't smell up the place?

Sorry to ask such a gross out question, but we want to be prepared and have a game plan. It really could happen at any time during any showing, especially if a little kid inhales a piece of popcorn or something.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Kind of a GROSS topic, but I really need to know 17 Apr 2008 20:18 #18258

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
we had one at xmas ..we cleaned it up as the movie was going..

Re: Kind of a GROSS topic, but I really need to know 17 Apr 2008 20:43 #18259

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
The longer you are in this business, the more you will see. I have had people fall asleep, pass out, have heart attacks, have seizures, go crazy,vomit, etc. The show usually goes on. You just get the person out of the theatre as quickly, and quietly as possible. In the case of someone getting sick, keep the movie going, clean up as best you can during the show, spray a little fabreeze or something in the air, then clean it up really good after the show lets out. They also make odor eliminator things especially for soaking/cleaning up vomit, check your janitorial supplier.

Re: Kind of a GROSS topic, but I really need to know 18 Apr 2008 00:37 #18260

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Ditto what trackfood said. If you don't have the odor eliminator stuff, you can use small, thin cedar shavings or course sawdust to absorb the liquid and limit the smell--aids tremendously in the cleanup on wood or hard surfaced floors; not recommended on the carpet though.

Re: Kind of a GROSS topic, but I really need to know 18 Apr 2008 07:37 #18261

• Pieman
  • Gold Boarder
we keep the show going too. We spray it with disinfectant and scrape up what we can (remember to wear gloves!!) spray the spot with disinfectant again and cover it with kitty litter..it absorbs the smell and any moisture. Then once the show is over, scrap that up and steam clean. We still have carpets on our floors, but i imagine it would be pretty similar for hard floors
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction