Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby What every small theater that does not have 2k should do!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What every small theater that does not have 2k should do!

What every small theater that does not have 2k should do! 22 Mar 2008 12:15 #18080

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
Purchase a high end home style projector....I have a new Sony cost about 10,000..With the best dvd player .(1,000 is what i spent)
You will need cable hook up.

Contact Emerging pictures!

This will start you on your way to alternative content.

You can Play concerts,select 1st run (art) midnight shows (monty python)Opera and much more.There is even a free Bruce Springstien concert were you keep all the boxoffice money.(you need to have an old theater to get that offer)It is to support historic theaters.

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: What every small theater that does not have 2k should do! 22 Mar 2008 12:19 #18081

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
http://www.emergingpictures.com/

not all concerts are listed ..movies change all the time....

Re: What every small theater that does not have 2k should do! 22 Mar 2008 16:59 #18082

• NSCInemas
  • Expert Boarder
National Amusements (Showcase Cinemas, Multiplex Cinemas, Cinema De-Lux) uses a small portable digital projector manufactured by Christie. They show the Opera, Major League Baseball (Boston Red Sox) Games, and other special content. The redsox games can be busy but from what I have heard the Opera routinely sells out houses. Who would have thought?

Re: What every small theater that does not have 2k should do! 22 Mar 2008 17:39 #18083

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
You might want to do it this way, even if you DO get digital cinema. If you get a vpf-based d-system, at least through AccessIT, you have to pay percentages on any alternative content you run through the projector.

Re: What every small theater that does not have 2k should do! 23 Mar 2008 13:09 #18084

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Do I understand you to say we should spend $11,000 for something that won't be used at all when we convert?

Re: What every small theater that does not have 2k should do! 23 Mar 2008 13:33 #18085

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
Many small theaters is my judgement may not convert for 3 to 5 years...So with that in mind yes...Also what was pointed out you could still run the content with out the "ACCESS IT" fee even if you have 2k.

With the system you can also run DVD ,powerpoint....In the last 4 months i have had about $5,000 in powerpoint rentals.

We are also having a film fest with 80 film 75 are on DVD.

Re: What every small theater that does not have 2k should do! 25 Mar 2008 11:49 #18086

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: What every small theater that does not have 2k should do! 27 Mar 2008 00:02 #18087

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder

Re: What every small theater that does not have 2k should do! 27 Mar 2008 16:53 #18088

• lolastyle
  • Fresh Boarder
Slapintheface, What model of Sony projector do you have? Is this a DLP or an LCD projector?

Re: What every small theater that does not have 2k should do! 27 Mar 2008 17:06 #18089

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
SONY --VPL-FE40
DATA PROJECTOR

Re: What every small theater that does not have 2k should do! 27 Mar 2008 17:22 #18090

• rdetzler
  • Expert Boarder
Thats a 4x3 aspect projector. I thought most of their content is 16x9. I recently signed with Emerging Pictures as well. Doing the installation next week. I had to upgrade my projector as well, I went with the panasonic DW5100U

Re: What every small theater that does not have 2k should do! 27 Mar 2008 18:41 #18091

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
THE SONY RUNS 16X9 RATIO....

Re: What every small theater that does not have 2k should do! 28 Mar 2008 08:48 #18092

• rdetzler
  • Expert Boarder
I will be starting the Emerging content in May. I felt this was a great way to better utilize my smaller house and get a toe into digital presentation since I wont be converting my main house for another 5 years, if ever. The program is very easy to work with if you are willing to make the equipment investment and feel you can be successful marketing this type of material to your demographic. There is very little art & indy around me so I hope to tap that market which would be a big help since my main house is nearly 100% family fare.

Re: What every small theater that does not have 2k should do! 28 Mar 2008 09:18 #18093

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
waiting for our new Sanyo 4500 ANSI to arrive: due to throw and aspect ratios we had to buy two lenses. Even if you go to full blown digital in the future you might not be using that big boy projector for pre show. You may want to not use it or unable to utilize it for varous things. The data projectors are pretty danged good. Ours is in the +/- 6000.00 range. It will be booth mounted.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: What every small theater that does not have 2k should do! 28 Mar 2008 10:38 #18094

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
We also bought the long throw lenses that is what added like $2,300 to the cost.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.208 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction