Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby What do you do with old promo stuff?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What do you do with old promo stuff?

What do you do with old promo stuff? 12 Mar 2008 06:49 #17820

• Pieman
  • Gold Boarder
Things like the posters and standees..do you sell them? chuck them out? store them?
We try to sell them and if they aren't sold by the time the movie finishes we had been storing the nicer ones, but we are losing our storage space as its being rented out..so Im curious what other people do with them.
If you sell them, how do you go about it? Do you put a price on it in the lobby? do you have someone who buys them all?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: What do you do with old promo stuff? 12 Mar 2008 10:16 #17821

• NSCInemas
  • Expert Boarder
We used to let staff that were in good standing sign up to take them when we were done with them as an incentive.

If there are any Sub Runs in the area they may be very happy to take this stuff off of your hands (as well as old trailers) as it can be hard for them to get this stuff.

Re: What do you do with old promo stuff? 12 Mar 2008 12:15 #17822

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
I've used the staff idea too. I've also donated them to clubs to be auctioned off as fund raisers. While they still technically belong to the distributors they almost never ask for them back. Only twice, while I was working for CineMark, did the studios ask for displays back and that was the "Silver Surfer" and the "Simpsons". I guess because they both had maniquins in them.

Bob Allen
The Old Showman
Bob Allen
The Old Showman
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.140 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction