Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Setting up the Christie

Setting up the Christie 08 Jun 2001 09:36 #1782

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
We bought a used 5 deck Christie platter and dismantled it for transport. We're going to reassemble and set up early next week. How long would you allow for this as our first show is at 6:45 that day? Can you imagine pitfalls that we have not forseen?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Setting up the Christie 08 Jun 2001 10:46 #1783

I would allow atleast 4 hours. and time to test it before your show. main pitfalls would be are the motors running correct speeds. It may not take that long to set up but just be safe. motors that run too fast sling prints.

Re: Setting up the Christie 08 Jun 2001 19:49 #1784

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I just bought a used Christie AW3-R platter and was wondering the same thing. This IS A GREAT SITE. If you didn't get a manual, you can download one from [url=http://www.film-tech.com.]www.film-tech.com.[/url] Let me know how it went. I am having linoleum put down in my booth before I put in my "new" platter.

Re: Setting up the Christie 12 Jun 2001 10:12 #1785

• Mike
  • Administrator
She is up! She hums! She is beautiful. She spins! She makes the rest of our platters look shabby! The other Christie feels ashamed to be so in need of a makeover! We're in love!
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Setting up the Christie 17 Jun 2001 19:23 #1786

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Congratulations. How long did it take?

Re: Setting up the Christie 18 Jun 2001 10:30 #1787

• Mike
  • Administrator
We did get the manual and a very nice notebook of all the maint done over the years. Also some heavy flirting notes between the man and woman who projed the place.... The Christie went in stages. we took our good one and moved it over after preparing the booth, moving the copier and make up tables out. We then took 3 people to get the plat out of the storage unit and carry its' part up our winding stairs. It then took 4 hours to set up. We needed to reposition a lot of rollers and stuff but that's normal. 2-3 days later we took down the Eprad....on sale soon here!...... and moved over the Drive-In. Total time? 8-10 hours. We did it very carefully so as not to find ourselves in too deep not to dig out before show time! I love it! That EPRAD hung over us like the sword of Damocles! Farewell sweet poo-poo platter!

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.165 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction