Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW

ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW 29 Jun 2000 21:03 #17558

If you need to generate some boxffice Book Rocky Horror for weekend late shows. Find a local cast and they will be happy to perform at the showings and help you promote it.
We just took over a sub run twin house with $1.50 admission and are looking forward to our 4th weekend of Rocky at midnite at a $5.00 ticket price.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW 30 Jun 2000 10:24 #17559

Yessss, Yesss, Yesss. I have seen the effects of "The Rocky Horror Picture Show" in the big city theatres. But my concern would be if it would go over that well in a small town. Regaudless, it is something ot think about. It seems that anywhere there are cult followers it would be big. Thanks for the idea!

Re: ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW 03 Jul 2000 10:30 #17560

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
I've always heard the theatre gets trashed. What do you do to control it? What happens?
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW 04 Jul 2000 15:13 #17561

Good comments, Mike and that is why you need to have a cast present. They will police the crowd and CLEAN UP THE AUDITORIUM!!!
Our cast members even hand out little programs to the customers and flyers to promote the show around town.

Re: ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW 24 Jul 2000 23:19 #17562

I certainly have been to a lot of showings of Rocky Horror at a lot of different theaters through out New England, I have been involved with a few "casts" as well, and I can confirm their popularity. Reguardless of the area, with good publicity a showing could be very lucrative for a theater. And certainly with a cast to prompt and police the audience a certain level of security can be maintained. I also have aided in cleaning up after such performances, now there is rice and toast and water involved but with a prior agreement most performers are more than happy to assist in clean up. Avid Rocky Horror fans are pleased just to be involved in a preformance. I am all for showings of Rocky Horror, and feel that with careful planning all mishaps and inconviences can be avoided.

Re: ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW 26 Jul 2000 17:30 #17563

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 44
Who is the film distrib for Rocky? It would be fun! Trash the place. We were in paris for the 20th year of straight Sat. night shows. It was wild. I noticed evberyone starting to put on raincoats but didn't know what was up, it started raining, and someonehit me with a bucket of water!

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW 26 Jul 2000 21:42 #17564

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 16
Mike:

It's 20th Century-Fox.

Re: ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW 17 Sep 2007 19:54 #17565

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Has anyone here played this? Did you use a "local cast?" I would like to play this for my 10-year anniversary coming up on Halloween, but I don't want any water or other nasty debris being thrown around my theatre. Is it even possible to avoid that with this picture?

Re: ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW 17 Sep 2007 20:39 #17566

• Larry Thomas
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi, Donna;

I book Rocky Horror in an 800 seat movie palace every couple of months, and have for years. The cast helps keep order, and the theatre staff make sure everything goes smoothly, and that the patrons follow the rules. The theatre is still standing and no worse the wear, even when we sell out all 800 seats.

If you're interested, I can put you in touch with the manager to pick his brain.

The bad news is that at this late date, chances of getting a print for next month are probably very slim. However, if you have video projection, you can book it on DVD from Criterion.

Just e-mail me directly if there's anything I can do to assist.

LT

Re: ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW 17 Sep 2007 21:53 #17567

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
I play Rocky every month now ..September was the first month next oct 5 th..I booked through FOX as the terms are lower .
I ran it 3 nights (labor day weekend)
fri about 80..sat about 70 sun 67...Not bad for a 10 year old theater that never ever ran a show past 10 pm... I ran other pics on the other screens.

Re: ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW 17 Sep 2007 21:57 #17568

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
They do the water ,toast ..we say no rice..

Very hard to get a print of ROCKY for that week of halloween if you dont always play it...Need to dvd just a guess..

Re: ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW 18 Sep 2007 09:51 #17569

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
We did very well with "Rocky", though it was several years ago... before cable/DVD.

The cast was as described in earlier posts... plenty stayed to help clean up. Actually, all I had to do was provide brooms, vacuums, trash bags and some Coke and Sprite. By the time they were done, the place was always spotless. I did allow the rice, and at the end of each performance there was enough in there to start a small oriental restaurant. Every bit was gone after cleanup.

We did make a short speech regarding the screen and things being tossed around the auditorium, warning that any problem would be the last day we'd do this. With the cast in front to keep an eye on things, everything always went fine.

Re: ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW 19 Sep 2007 14:17 #17570

• Mike Spaeth
  • Platinum Boarder
We play weekly every Saturday at midnight in metro Atlanta. Charge regular admission ($7.50 adult/$5.50 child/senior), and have between 20 and 60 people every week. We also have a cast. Cleanup is handled by the janitorial company.

Re: ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW 19 Sep 2007 14:30 #17571

**Nevermind* - i figured it out - have some calls in - thanks for the tip!

we booked it for the weekend before Halloween this year - where do i get one of these 'casts' - they sound brilliant - i am in southern Westchester

[This message has been edited by The Picture House (edited September 19, 2007).]

Re: ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW 07 Oct 2007 10:36 #17572

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
We charge $7.00 all seats ..Had one last fri pretty busy...big mess no damages ..
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.231 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction