Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Theater Managers
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Theater Managers

Theater Managers 29 May 2001 22:55 #1748

• Slim
  • Fresh Boarder
Just wondering about the rate of pay for general managers at some of the independent theaters around the country.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Theater Managers 02 Jun 2001 21:16 #1749

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Slim:
Just wondering about the rate of pay for general managers at some of the independent theaters around the country. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The pay rate seems to be "all over." I paid
my managers (general) about $30k to $35k plus
cash or gift bonus each year (up to about $5,000). I never have liked the trick deal
where the managers are charged back for shortages. I feel any manager can make his
numbers work and my recent involvement with a large chain tells me the division folks want those numbers to jive, too. I was very uncomfortable with THAT situation.

I know of one California exhibitor who pays average money for their managers, but also throw in a place to live and utilities as a
nice extra.

In some of the largest theatres, I have heard of the senior manager taking out close to $100k per year. I would have to think a great manager would be worth that!

Re: Theater Managers 09 Jun 2001 18:35 #1750

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
My neice will graduate from Babson business school with a 4 year degree. She tells me that the average starting salary for grads is 65K. YIKES!!!!!
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.142 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction