Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Making the Jump

Making the Jump 23 Jan 2008 14:25 #17410

• movie2cats
  • Fresh Boarder
Hey guys/gals! New to the boards here (have actually been surfing them for a while, just not posting) and was just wondering something. I'm sure a lot of people here used to be or still are chain operators like myself. I would love to own my own theatre one day (not today, no capital) and was just wondering how many of you would recommend looking into tracking down an indie outfit just to try to get more of a glimpse what it takes to REALLY run your own theatre. Just looking for some advice here because the chain I am with treats me really well and I would definitely not like to make a stupid mistake. Thanks in advance!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Making the Jump 23 Jan 2008 20:29 #17411

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 20
If they treat you well stick it out.There will be plenty to learn with a big guy.

Re: Making the Jump 25 Jan 2008 12:32 #17412

• movie2cats
  • Fresh Boarder
Thanks. It is just something I have been considering. That and stepping out altogether for a little while to go back to school and finish up my business degree.

Re: Making the Jump 26 Jan 2008 13:45 #17413

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
....we have been called and visited a number of times by people looking to go into the business. WEe're always happy to talk or show the ropes of what we do.

I do not know if you mean to get a job with an indie or to visit.

Visits are always welcome: as long as you are not too near them and make them nervous!

Indie job: if you really want to make this a carreer think about 2 years where you are, then swith to another company with a bit of a different focu: City vs. country. City art house vs. suburb plex. Etc. Do an internship at film festivals or a non profit.

But you better plan on moving a few times.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction