Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Websites

Websites 03 Aug 2001 10:05 #17379

For Independants does your web site really help in the marketing of your theatre.

Question 2 How much do you pay on average for your website.

Besides showtimes how often do you update.

Who does your design (yourself or someone else)

The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Websites 03 Aug 2001 13:37 #17380

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
A big question........

For Independants (or anyone else????) does your web site really help in the marketing of your theatre. ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!!!!!!
Question 2 How much do you pay on average for your website. Mine www.colonialtheatre.com cost 3000.00. we auto send out 1200 e-mails each week with our newsletter.

Besides showtimes how often do you update. Once a week with showtimes, descripts, notes, etc. and pay 99.00 per month for hosting

Who does your design (yourself or someone else) we hired professionals.

The web is the cheapest way to promote out of all the options that exist.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Websites 03 Aug 2001 23:08 #17381

• RoxyVaudeville
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 17
Although I'm not overly excited as of yet about the results created from our website, I still believe it is the advertising venue of the future. After 17 months online I average 30 hits a day. I'd like to see that increase to at least 100 per day. Hopefully a lot more then that. However,the largest segment of my patronage is made up of people over 40, most of them over 50. When I question them, I have found that most of them don't have computers, and if they do, aren't "online".

My website as it now appears was designed by myself, but the actual makeup of it on the computer was done by a local webmaster. The cost to put it together and make it look like my design was $350.00. The monthly hosting is $9.00.

I have a completely newly designed website going online within the next several weeks. This one was done by a professional who absolutely loves my theatre, thought that I should have a better looking site then I have now, and therefore offered to do one for me FREE as her donation in helping to keep the theatre open and operating for the community.

I change the shows and showtimes twice a week which I do myself. In addition to changing the copy for the Friday film change, I also change the Thursday copy to say "FINAL DAY", Starts TOMORROW" etc.

If you wish to see what the old original site looks like (the one I designed) go to www.roxytheaternorthampton.com and feel free to comment on it. I'm sure I'll learn from your comments. As you will see some of the pages were never finished, but will be when the new site goes up shortly.

In summary, regardless of the number of hits, I still think it is, and will be very important for advertising. It is the future.

[This message has been edited by RoxyVaudeville (edited August 04, 2001).]

Re: Websites 04 Aug 2001 00:24 #17382

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
Website is where over half of my customers get movie info. it's big for me. i paid about $250 to get it designed and i do the upkeep. best thing that happened for me.
www.avaloncinema.com
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: Websites 04 Aug 2001 18:34 #17383

• Mike
  • Administrator
Just checked our stats for July........ 3500 individual visits to www.colonialtheatre.com which is 100 a day.. Roxy: you are in a town 3 times the size of mine..I'm surprised. Plus we have 1100 on our weekly e mail.

It's time to up our e mail list. We're going to wait till the tourists leave so that we get the locals..... trade gift certificates with area stores, then have a big free drawing, every customer who buys a ticket we give a entry form to win a gift cert from 1 of 20 places and we have special prizes for e mail entrants! I want 1500 by Christmas!

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Websites 05 Aug 2001 00:14 #17384

Wow that is a lot of hits.
Thanks for the info guys I had been to mike's and roxy's sites but not to avalon's

My wife loves the slogans on avalon's site.

wonder why the difference in hosting prices?

Re: Websites 05 Aug 2001 02:23 #17385

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
My site, [url=http://www.mtburneytheatre.com,]www.mtburneytheatre.com,[/url] was also designed by a patron for free. He updates it weekly for me also. We are going to add some new remodel photo's and a link page soon. I don't get a huge amount of hits, but my community is small and remote. My weekly email goes to 130 people.

I am going to change my ISP soon and get DSL through our local phone company. They do not host websites, however. My webmaster said I could go anywhere for that. Who do you use and how much is it? What do you get for $9 RoxyV? My present ISP will continue to host my site, but they want $20 a month.

Re: Websites 05 Aug 2001 12:22 #17386

• Larry Thomas
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
My account in Indianapolis (Ron Keedy) relies heavily on his website both for current info, and for an e-mail mailing list (newspaper rates are insane in that town!).

He used primarily website info and contacts and the e-mail calendar/news to parlay the first week of BITTERSWEET MOTEL into his (so far) house record last fall.

He's at www.keycinemas.com if you care to take a look.

Re: Websites 20 Aug 2001 08:19 #17387

• Filmmaker
  • Fresh Boarder
Mike: $99 per month is way too much for webhosting. However, it may be too much of a hassle for you to switch hosts...

Typical costs per month for the kind of traffic bandwidth you need (which is really very little bandwidth) is probably $10-20 per month.

Roxy: You probably need to tweak your site so that you get better results in the search engines. Also, do some link swapping with other local businesses perhaps, and be sure to include your web address in whatever advertising you do. And if you haven't, start an emailing list like Mike's. This can help increase your traffic.

Personally, I average at least 100 hits a day, and this is without advertising, and without yet having officially submitted my site to the search engines. No doubt some of my hits are due to the keywords in the title of my movie ("God, Sex & Apple Pie"), which some search engines are responding to. Nevertheless, you should be able to increase your traffic without spending much money to do so.

Jerome http://www.GodSexApplePie.com
"God, Sex & Apple Pie" -- In Stores Now
www.GodSexApplePie.com/in.html

Re: Websites 08 Apr 2002 16:11 #17388

• MrManager
  • Fresh Boarder
If anyone is interested, we could design a simple, effective web page for you and for an extremely resonable price.

Have a look at;
http://otherworlds.homeip.net/ram/

A site just like this one would cost only $300.00!

We can also host the site for only $5.00 a month and will even provide weekly upgrades (change movies, coming soon, etc.) for an additional $25.00 a month.

If you are interested, please email me at;

This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

MrManager

Re: Websites 09 Apr 2002 09:56 #17389

• GREGBORR
  • Gold Boarder
Both of our primary sites, rts-solutions.com and www.readyticket.net were designed by a professional and are maintained internally. We host the majority of the sites on our servers, with downloads being hosted on our local ISP's T1.

We have about $1,000.00 invested in the two sites, we are fortunate in that I have a good friend that does freelance web design, she is employed full time as the web development coordinator for a very large telcom company and we have been able to "trade" programming tips and tricks for graphic design and layout.

Mike, what type of services are you getting for $99.00 a month? DNS, Static IP, how much space, 100MB?, does seem a bit high is it just for web hosting.

Greg Borr
RTS

Re: Websites 11 Apr 2002 08:19 #17390

• Mike
  • Administrator
It is high. The biggest service is that we use their e mail server to send out our 1300 weekly e mails. I think it's time to re-negotiate the rate. They are also the underwriter of our "Tundra Dwellers Film Series" and the "Blockbuster Relief Films Series" which we trade off against our hosting bill. It is a little more complicated because our builders are our host providers also. They have the keys to the highway.

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Websites 11 May 2002 06:15 #17391

• fevzigenc
  • Fresh Boarder
I am writing from Turkey.. Our website is http://www.sinemahayal.com designed by myself. It is Turkish now, it is going to be in English also. We have about 200 newsletter subscriber. Design cost is zero, hosting cost is only 10$ per year.

Re: Websites 19 Jan 2008 21:19 #17392

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Anyone else out there want to list their website? It is interesting to see the different ideas.

Re: Websites 19 Jan 2008 23:50 #17393

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.285 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction