Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Cost of securing feature films & rules that govern film pres
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cost of securing feature films & rules that govern film pres

Cost of securing feature films & rules that govern film pres 04 Jan 2008 08:29 #17151

Hello, everyone. I have gone through the FAQ and sorted through the rest of your site. I have not been able to find my answers though.

What I would like to know is, in addition to their box office cut, what other costs are associated with obtaining digital films?
Also, where may I find the rules that govern what is and what is not considered a theatrical presentation? For instance: Is there a minimum seating requirement?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cost of securing feature films & rules that govern film pres 04 Jan 2008 09:11 #17152

More specifically, regarding the costs I asked about: Do they require a deposit? Do they require a certain amount of guaranteed revenue? Will they stop giving you films if your theater isn't doing well?

Re: Cost of securing feature films & rules that govern film pres 04 Jan 2008 12:11 #17153

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 22
Do they require a deposit--thats called upfront money and is legal only in some states...
Do they require a certain revenue-no..but you better do bsns to pay for true digital projectors.
Will they stop giving me films if we dont do well....Rare..unless you have heavy competition.

Re: Cost of securing feature films & rules that govern film pres 04 Jan 2008 15:24 #17154

I'm in Oklahoma and I don't know if "up front" money is legal, but even if it wasn't, they don't have some kind of fat service fee or anything? Maybe I have to pay a monthly fee for their security key updates or something?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction