Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby infants prams..do you let them in?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: infants prams..do you let them in?

infants prams..do you let them in? 02 Jan 2008 06:38 #17130

• Pieman
  • Gold Boarder
I heard about a cinema that won't allow prams in their auditoriums due to fire hazzard of blocking the aisles. Many irate parents have said they won't go back there. We have always let them in, theres plenty of room. Do you allow them in your place?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: infants prams..do you let them in? 02 Jan 2008 10:26 #17131

• lionheart
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Pieman, "pram" isn't a word I've heard, but I'm assuming an equivalent word would be stroller.

My theater is under construction, but I can tell you that there will not be room for strollers in my aisles. I'm certain they would be a violation of fire code since aisles must be a minimum of 3.5 feet wide. I'm expecting to have an aisle no wider than 4 feet, so the stroller would create a restriction.

Also building code here requires that seats be fixed, with the exception of removable seats in handicapped spaces. And those are usually fixed seats on skids, so I'm not sure if I could allow a stroller in those spaces, although it sounds like a possibility since wheelchairs are not fixed either.

If I was going to allow a stroller, it would have to be parked in a handicapped space with the understanding that it would have to be removed from the auditorium should a wheelchair bound customer need the space. After all, the infant can sit on a parent's lap, but someone in a wheelchair cannot do that.

Maybe a better question for me would be whether or not I would want to encourage bringing infants to movies. How do you handle it when the infant is crying or screaming during a movie? It may be possible that the cinema you described is as much concerned about that issue as they are about fire hazards.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction