Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: rolling stock ads

rolling stock ads 17 Dec 2007 13:39 #17063

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I know there are some passionate opinions about this topic but I'd like to know some pros and cons. I have just been cold called by a rolling stock company and was wondering what those that do rolling stock ads think about them and the situation.
"What a crazy business"
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: rolling stock ads 17 Dec 2007 14:06 #17064

i know many are opposed on philosophical reasons, but i have never had a negative customer comment. I have had a few who liked a particular commercial.

Re: rolling stock ads 20 Dec 2007 10:09 #17065

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
well, I am officially considering it. I'd like to get some more comments on this either for or against. What do you think? Never in a million years or maybe if the deal was OK?

"What a crazy business"

Re: rolling stock ads 20 Dec 2007 14:41 #17066

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
We did them for a long time but have stopped. We used to play an ad the preview then ad etc. and we did not go over our 10 alloted time for previews before the shows.

Now I sell my own screen ad stills and keep all the money. If the deal was right I would consider rolling stock again.

Re: rolling stock ads 20 Dec 2007 18:43 #17067

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
We did it recently and it's +/- 1300.00 per year for a 2 screen. We start them before the show time. So if we have 7.5 minutes and the show starts at 7:00 we start the ads at 6:52. We leave the lights on while the ads run. It is meant to signify that this is the pre-show and we do not expect you to quietly listen to commercials: it's okay to talk. But it also works as a cooling down tool. We had a few people all pissed off. I said: have you noticed the price of oil? Should I raise tickets and conmcessions to keep up with this? If you don't like it sit in the car. Even public radio has ads: why: because they have to.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.161 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction