Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby What to look for this summer?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: What to look for this summer?

What to look for this summer? 11 May 2001 22:25 #1680

• Slim
  • Fresh Boarder
What films should be big this summer? A.I., Swordfish, Dr. Dolittle 2, American Pie 2, Cats & Dogs, what????

We all know Pearl Harbor, JP III, and obviously the Mummy Returns, but what else???
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: What to look for this summer? 12 May 2001 13:47 #1681

• Bird
  • Senior Boarder
I am thinking our Biggest movie may be Shrek, and were even getting Peral Harbor!
Shrek is about half as long as P.H., so that means more showings!!!

Also, I think Tomb Raider will kill Atlantis on June 15th...Disney has had many animated summer "dissapointments" that last few years and this one looks to be another...
Just my opinions...

Re: What to look for this summer? 14 May 2001 09:42 #1682

How about "Jurassic Park 3" and "Planet Of The Apes",I think one of them might stand a good chance as a big grossing movie. I think the Apes might have it over the the Dinos.

Re: What to look for this summer? 15 May 2001 20:50 #1683

• Rialto
  • Gold Boarder
This will probably come back to kick me, but I think JP III has big fat turkey written all over it.

Cats and Dogs looks like it could be great fun and could hit.

Dr. Dolittle 2 - snore.

America's Sweethearts - big hit.

Rollerball - needs oil.

Re: What to look for this summer? 16 May 2001 12:17 #1684

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
How we lay it out is we have a big white board broken into three columns for our 3 screens. Then each line is for a week. We can see 18 weeks at a time. Posted in columns on the wall on a file card is each film with name/distrib/date/format/etc. and notes: Then we take Entertainment Weekly, Premier, Film Journal, Box Office, IME who all do Summer (and Winter, etc.) issues and make notes from them. Then we can start penciling in the films and you can see the train wreck unfolding. This year we are purposefully holding back films that we think will be big for later Summer so that we don't get caught in last Summer's "fall on your face until Christmas!" debacle. America's Swethearts sounds good but zero buzz for now. Final Fantasy? AI? Planet of The Apes? Is there any adult stuff that looks to shine?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: What to look for this summer? 20 May 2001 23:28 #1685

• Josh
  • Fresh Boarder
Jurrasic Park III is supposed to not do so hot. Premiere even predicts that it will do under 100 million and not even beat America's Sweethearts. I doubt that will happen but Jurrasic is going to fall hard like the second one did compared to the first. AI is getting a heck of a lot of buzz but talk is that it may be rated R. I hope to God this is not true because Kubrick wanted make a kid friendly film and Speilberg would be ruining his vision. I agree that Shrek is going to be huge. It may be bigger than even Pearl Harbor.

Re: What to look for this summer? 22 May 2001 10:23 #1686

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
What worries me is a front lodaded Summer. What about late July and August? I got Planet of The Apes but what else?
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction