Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Do you sell beer, wine, alcohol?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Do you sell beer, wine, alcohol?

Do you sell beer, wine, alcohol? 17 May 2001 13:20 #1664

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
We only sell soda, etc. Is it worth the trouble to sell alc.? Is there trouble? Do you have a tougher time with the law? How about employees drinking or looting?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Do you sell beer, wine, alcohol? 17 May 2001 13:37 #1665

• Large
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
Cinemas in England sell alcohol very successfully. My partner's father ran a bar for a while and will attest that alcohol is very profitable. I don't think the patrons or the employees would be a problem while serving alcohol. After all, you get one giant beer at the start of the movie, then you are involved in the film and that's it.

But, here are the fatal sticky points for us.
Most of our employees are under 21 so we would have to find new employees who are willing to work for low wages and in a bar not likely to generate many tips. Then there is the spilt beer and wine in the auditoriums issue. That stuff stains more than soda and smells worse. I don't think our little old ladies would like to come to our cinema if it smelled like most bars. The final straw that breaks the camels back is the liability issue. The insurance companies would hit us up for a lot more insurance to cover the liability and the county regulatory issues are also very complicated. We didn't have to face our neighbors in a council meeting to get our movie theatre license; we would in order to serve alcohol.

So for now, you can pop in to the two restaurants on either side of us to quaff a beer or sip a glass of wine (we are in Sonoma county after all) before or after you movie.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction