Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Where to start....
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Where to start....

Where to start.... 08 Nov 2007 14:04 #16466

• pele22hamm
  • Fresh Boarder
I'm one of two guys with hopes of starting a new single screen theater in upstate New York. Neither of us have much business or theater experience past popping and sellng popcorn. We want to run older movies, maybe through some way of legally renting and running dvd's. The question is where to start. So, here I am, making this my first approach asking all you experienced guru's for advice. Is there such a thing as a DVD run big screen theater? Is there a way to run it legally for profit? I'll be asking many more questions as we progress, but this is my first must have answer. THANKS to those who reply!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Where to start.... 08 Nov 2007 14:51 #16467

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
there are many movies that can be played on dvd legally....Just put in a digital projection system a good on with the best dvd should be about $8,000

Re: Where to start.... 08 Nov 2007 17:38 #16468

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
where to start?: always start by resetting the little white box at the top left of the forums page. It is set at default: "show topics from last 20 days" reset to "show all"...... then READ ALL, TAKE NOTES, write down topic name and date if it is important, cvreate a link data base so you can find the info you need/: better yet print them out and file them.

First thoughts: 1 screen is always tough. More screens is always better. Unless you are Roxy.

Video projection is not an issue depending on your audience and model.

Good luck. After you read.,.... post questions.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Where to start.... 11 Nov 2007 20:02 #16469

• Dexxa
  • Junior Boarder
I did a bit of research on this subject myself as i came across the idea too.

Only problem is, That most dvd license companys, i dont know if this is uk only but only allows you to show them to members only like a film club. where you cant show film times charge admissions etc to the public.

Spose you could charge a monthy payment to the customer etc which they pay for memberships.

A digital projector would be the best idea.

Depnding on the size. and budget of our cinema a normal standard projector off ebay
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Muti-Function-Digital-Home-Cinema-LCD-Projector_W0QQitemZ130170504469QQihZ003QQcategoryZ22610QQcmdZViewItem

could be of some use. But dont expect a good picture.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.290 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction