Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Reelman's new theater
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Reelman's new theater

Reelman's new theater 30 Oct 2007 10:13 #16316

• Cinemateer
  • Gold Boarder
Hey reelman, how is the opening of your new theater going? I would love to hear more about the status and how it's going so far, as I'm sure others would as well.
"In a place like this, the magic is all around you. The trick is to see it." -Martin Landau
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Reelman's new theater 30 Oct 2007 10:55 #16317

• reelman
  • Gold Boarder
We had a bump in the road and delayed the opening two weeks. Opened this past weekend to moderate business. Getting my first new movie this weekend- Bee Movie. Keeping fingers crossed.

Very positive comments from everyone. They love the stadium seating, high-back rockers and the decor. Owners are very pleased with how things turned out.

Had our first Xbox 360 gaming tournament-went over well. Have scheduled another. Have a local band scheduled for the 18th.

All in all a satisfying adventure so far. I am so happy to be out of the "corporate chain" mentality and look forward to redefining peoples perceptions in my neck of the woods.
www.springsstadium.com

Re: Reelman's new theater 30 Oct 2007 19:44 #16318

Reelman

I have been looking into doing Xbox 360 parties - can I ask soem questions about it? email me if you want This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

Re: Reelman's new theater 31 Oct 2007 13:31 #16319

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Congratulations, Reelman. Good luck for years to come.

Many of us have those same questions about gaming. Please post your questions and answers here.

P.S. Ten years ago today I bought my first theatre and played the worst movie ever--
Good Burger.

[This message has been edited by BurneyFalls (edited October 31, 2007).]

Re: Reelman's new theater 31 Oct 2007 15:09 #16320

• reelman
  • Gold Boarder
We initially are doing these events on one screen with 4 player split
screen action. We want to extend it to two auditoriums and have team
competition. On the initial game we charged $5 per player(which is low and
will increase to $7.50 or $8 once we do the multiple auds). Spectators are
charged $1. I did do a cash prize for the 1st place winner and 2nd and 3rd
place runner-ups got some old movie posters.

I want to be able to let the players have alot of input so I am asking for
their suggestions on how to run these and what games to feature. My
biggest problem at the moment is my firt-run status. We have to carefully
select dates and get booker/studio permission to interupt a regular film
showing.

We fed the sound through the non-sync channels of our theatre processor
for some effects. I am investigating how we can do more with the sound and
get a better result. I do have a Wii unit and will probably be
experimenting with that in some capacity. We have a birthday party room
that I could use to rent out for that.

In the limited test run, I see a real potential as noone else is doing
anything like this anywhere around here. Check back with me in two weeks
after our second event. Hope this helps. Thanks.

Re: Reelman's new theater 31 Oct 2007 21:56 #16321

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
We had our first video game day this past Saturday. We chose that day as the only film we wanted to get and could get was a family film that had been out for 4 weeks already; my thought that we only could run it for 1 week (which I hate to do)so it would have been hard to make any money on it.

So we did a Halo 3 tournament. Remember that I own video stores so I had all of the equipment (I used a Sanyo PLV-Z4 that was my home projector). So my cost to do it was zero. Prizes were gift cards to my video stores. I do not believe what the prize is totally important, most people just like playing the game.

Everyone was pleased by the picture quality and sound quality. Used sound through non-sync in my CP-650 and was satisfied with the sound.

We did 4 player slayer with the split screen. Some want to to do 4-player team but that would require 2 auds. which I do not want to do right now. Charged $5 to get in and had about 30+ people play. If you charged more, then I do think what the prize is would be important.

In my area there are two places to play video games. 1) New place that allows gamers to play a large number of games on 60" plasma tvs. They are also connected online. They charge $2-3 dollars per hour to play. 2) a place 30 miles away with 20+ X360 stations, each connected online playing on 20" or so monitors. They charge the same $2-3 dollars per hour.

Our advantage is the size of the screen and that was what stood out from people who played.

To answer the room availability problem: going forward we are renting the room out outside of normal showtimes.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.159 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction