Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Cinema Ads Continue Double-Digit Growth
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Cinema Ads Continue Double-Digit Growth

Cinema Ads Continue Double-Digit Growth 15 Oct 2007 11:42 #16241

• Cushman
  • Fresh Boarder

As theatre owners do you feel pressure to play pre-show ads as another source of revenue, especially when theatre traffic had been so slow? And do you get any complaints from customers...positive or negative?

http://www.boxoffice.com/exhibition/2007/10/cinema-ads-continue-doubledigi.php
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cinema Ads Continue Double-Digit Growth 15 Oct 2007 15:09 #16242

• Mike
  • NOW ONLINE
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
we have ads on screen and we enjoy the revenue with more equip and plans to expand underway: we had some complaints and these are posted on the site and in our theatre weekly e mail....

Greetings Colonial fans:

You may have noticed we added pre-show on screen advertising at the Colonial. Some have complained. Allow me a moment to explain why we have chosen to do this. We have a very limited amount of ways to generate income. They are: we can sell tickets or concessions. There is also a limited amount of special events and private events that we can do. To keep pace with increasing costs of energy (oil has more than tripled in cost during the last few years), food, and labor we either would have to raise our ticket and concession prices or find new revenue. That’s why we chose to add a small amount of advertising. The ads we run start before our advertised show times. Just like in all of the rest of the world. Call it the “pre-show” as they do in Europe. That gives you the option of coming early to see a few commercials, with the lights on, in a “non hushing” atmosphere. It helps us preserve the lower costs than you will find routinely in our sister cities. We will in the near future add video projection to our three screens and start producing locally produced ads for Belfast businesses and events. We appreciate that ads bug some people; even when they are in the New York Times or the local newspapers or on National Public Radio or TV. They are there for a reason; without them we’d have to raise prices noticeably and we hope to avoid that. Thank you for your understanding.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Cinema Ads Continue Double-Digit Growth 16 Oct 2007 16:34 #16243

• tratcliff
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1

I've been running my own in-house generated screen ad program for several years now, with only moderate success.
I've read several places lately about the screen ad growth and from what I gather, the growth has come from national ad campaigns.

So I am looking at the options for signing up with a national company like Screenvision.
Trouble is, I can't get anyone to return my calls or e-mails!

I know that I'm just small potatoes being a twin in a small town, but still....

Anyone have any ideas on how to get ahold of the right people at these companies?
Their web sites make little to no mention of the exhibitor side.

Tony

Re: Cinema Ads Continue Double-Digit Growth 16 Oct 2007 16:35 #16244

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Now are you guys still using Slides or are most of your presentations digital.
Are there commercials for TV shows, cars etc....How do you advertise the local businesses.
What companies are you using to do this. There are a few and was just wondering which companies are being used among the lil guys!
Do they supply all the equipment and do all the work and you just project the product?

Re: Cinema Ads Continue Double-Digit Growth 16 Oct 2007 16:57 #16245

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
I have had the best luck with this company. They supply all equipment and installation, sell and make the ads, including local trivia, and payback is better than any other I have checked out. http://www.1better.net/

Re: Cinema Ads Continue Double-Digit Growth 16 Oct 2007 18:15 #16246

• trackfood
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
wi-Do you know approx what they charge advertisers in your area? Do they have much luck getting advertisers in your small towns? How much do you get off the deal? In my project, I was thinking about handling this all myself to keep more of the profit. I would be able to charge less than these companies, so probably be able to get more local businesses.I could also control content better to advertise my own deals,etc. Of course I would have to buy and maintain the equipment. Thats where I'm at. Thanks

Re: Cinema Ads Continue Double-Digit Growth 16 Oct 2007 20:27 #16247

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
I have all single screens, so do not know how they do it in a multi--but they are very fair to local advertisers in my small areas. They price the ads based on number of showings and attendance. Of course, the less they charge, the less I get also--but we have alot of businesses advertising and actually in one town all resigned for a new contract. The dvd's they make for me are only local ads--they come and shot the video at the sites. One of my favorites is a bank that has all their employees waving at the audience and saying "enjoy the movie"--maybe a bit corny---but this is a small community heehee.

Re: Cinema Ads Continue Double-Digit Growth 17 Oct 2007 10:46 #16248

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I do my own on a powerpoint presentation. I have 30 advertisers at $25 per month. I do many of them but some people prefer to do their own. It is time consuming but it is also $750 per month. Right now I have a waiting list for people trying to get on.
"What a crazy business"

Re: Cinema Ads Continue Double-Digit Growth 20 Oct 2007 23:26 #16249

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
"wimovieman" Is there a start up cost for anything out of your pocket?

Re: Cinema Ads Continue Double-Digit Growth 21 Oct 2007 13:19 #16250

• Mike Spaeth
  • Platinum Boarder
tratliff - email me. This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it I'll give you the screenvision guy you need to talk to...

[This message has been edited by Mike Spaeth (edited October 21, 2007).]

Re: Cinema Ads Continue Double-Digit Growth 21 Oct 2007 17:01 #16251

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
Jacker 5--not a penny out of pocket except the electricity. If anything goes wrong with equipment (i.e. $350 lamps) they are right there to fix.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction