Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Teeny boppers?

Teeny boppers? 08 Oct 2007 10:35 #16212

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
As aprt of the conversation on the slow fall season. We have noticed that the kids who always came in droves are coming less. They used to come in a giant horde as if every kid had agreed they were all going to the movies. It is clearly a lesser occurrence. I wonder is this just our area? Is it the growth of cell phones and tex messaging and computer hook ups with face Book and My Space etc. ? The movies was the only way kids could meet outside of school or church but now it seems like maybe they've found another way? Anyone else on this?
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Teeny boppers? 08 Oct 2007 11:27 #16213

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
hmmmmm, good theory. Out here in the stix it probably is less prevalent but, I suppose, you're right. My teenage crowd seems to relish getting out of town and I think they go to the nearest multiplex and may come to me to see the same movie again when it gets to me as a move-over.

Ah, teenagers. Spending extra money to drive thirty miles to spend twice as much for a ticket. You gotta love 'em!
"What a crazy business"

Re: Teeny boppers? 08 Oct 2007 12:51 #16214

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
I am talking more about the pre driving age group. Teens who get the drive lisc are prone to head out of town as they've been stuck with us since they were 5 years old. The ones we notice missing seem to be the 11-15 year olds.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Teeny boppers? 08 Oct 2007 13:06 #16215

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
We still have a good portion of that crowd. It helps when the parent refuse to drive the extra 15 min to the multiplex when we are only 2-5 min drive for them.

Re: Teeny boppers? 08 Oct 2007 13:29 #16216

• muviebuf
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 1
There are certainly more entertainment options for this age group than ever before.

My fifteen year old reported that the next day after HALO 3 debuted at midnight a couple of weeks ago approximately 20% to 30% of his class did not show up for school the next day. Seems the kids went to the stores at midnight and bought the game and then spent the rest of the night (and in some cases into the next day)playing the game such that they were too tired to go to school.

This is also a group that has grown up with computer and cell phone video downloads and for whom the 'big screen experience' is considered something foreign.

[This message has been edited by muviebuf (edited October 08, 2007).]

Re: Teeny boppers? 08 Oct 2007 18:15 #16217

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
I also have noticed a considerable drop in that age group in all 5 of my small towns--what use to be a "right of passage" seems to have lost out to all the other young teen activities available. Adding to this problem in my areas the enrollments in the schools are spiraling downward. Thank God the seniors of today are buying popcorn!!
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.182 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction