Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Baby in the house!
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Baby in the house!

Baby in the house! 06 May 2001 19:05 #1596

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 43
Large entioned babies in theatres. What are they doing there? I think it's all part of the protective mechanism parents develop centering on their children and that they basically can't tell that what is good for them and the baby: a night out as a family, is bad for everyone else. Babies do not belong in theatres if they make one peep. I know of many bambino that have come to our theatre with no problem. If they cry? They should go. We discourage the babies and don't charge for teeny little kids. We also tell them in a very quiet and friendly voice , "Hi. I'm sorry but your wonderful little baby is disturbing people. Thanks!" What do you do ?

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Baby in the house! 06 May 2001 21:14 #1597

You get yelled at because your asst mgr called thier child IT.

Re: Baby in the house! 07 May 2001 10:07 #1598

• Mike
  • Administrator
Calling baby "it" is a good way to get off on the wrong foot. You may recall the lil monster in Silence of the Lambs called the girl in the basement "it".

Mike Hurley
www.bigscreenbiz.com
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Baby in the house! 07 May 2001 13:25 #1599

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
This is a piece of the response i gave to Large's comments on babies.

Something that helped my "Baby Situation" (besides keeping my pants zipped. Actually, I raised three step-kids) was to have a very liberal refund/pass policy for people with kids. When people with an infant buy a ticket we tell them, "If the baby starts to get noisy, we'll gladly give you a pass(es) to try it another time when you can get a sitter. If it's early in the show, we'll even refund your ticket prices."
What this seems to do is remove the money incentive to stick to it out even tho they're pissing off the rest of the auditorium.

Never assume the gender of the kid. "Your Baby " seems to be a good generality. Never refer to the child as: "That squeeling creature you're too rude or ignorant to leave at home that's scewing up the show for the other people in the auditorium." Never say that. You can trust me on this one.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema

Re: Baby in the house! 08 May 2001 10:20 #1600

• poppajoe
  • Platinum Boarder
We have a posted message in the front window of the ticket booth;"You may be asked to leave the theatre if your child bcomes unruly." This way its directed to the everyone in general. If we have to ask someone to leave we can always say that the notice was posted when they came in.

Re: Baby in the house! 08 May 2001 11:14 #1601

• jholliger
  • Expert Boarder
As I have been there and still have a two year old I took into account the Need for the parents to get out and still have the child with them, when we designed our seating we brought back the "crying room" A private viewing room at the back of the house with its own sound system, wide seats and its own restroom with changing table. It also serves as a "party room" with pricing including admission, food and drinks.

Re: Baby in the house! 09 May 2001 10:24 #1602

• Mike
  • Administrator
I like the Avalon approach a lot and the "crying room" has real possibilities. I can see it booked by groping teens and the window covered in steam!
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.162 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction