Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Opening a Movie Theater
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Opening a Movie Theater

Opening a Movie Theater 24 Jul 2007 23:46 #15618

• Oceania15
  • Fresh Boarder
How do i start a movie theater like to have 15 screens and a IMAX. What are the steps to get started
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Opening a Movie Theater 25 Jul 2007 03:21 #15619

• reelman
  • Gold Boarder
I can't sleep tonight so I'll be the one to do the required answer--Read the extensive archives here. Everything! All the answers have been covered...repeatedly.

Seriously, a 15 screen with Imax will cost about $20 million. It will also require a market size of several hundred thousand population. That will put you in the territory of the "big boys" who will squash you.

Get back to us after you're done reading.

Re: Opening a Movie Theater 25 Jul 2007 11:57 #15620

• lionheart
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Reelman, don't automatically assume that Oceania15 will be squashed by the big boys. We know nothing other than their desire to gather information. It is possible that they are not even from this country, and competition is relative to location. Or perhaps Oceania15 is just the person with the means to become the next "big boy".

Oceania15, the advice about reading the archives thoroughly is good. There is a wealth of information here already. Just be sure to change the timeframe you are viewing so that you don't just see the most recent entries. Also you can search for specific topics all the way back to the beginning of the forum, if you can think of specific search terms.

So, approximately where are you looking to open a 15 screen theater? No need to be too specific, but a general description including the country and the size of the city you are considering would be good. Somehow, I get the feeling you may be from outside the U.S.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.171 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction