Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby The documentary "Border"
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: The documentary "Border"

The documentary "Border" 22 Jul 2007 20:26 #15607

• wimovieman
  • Gold Boarder
I had the privelage of doing a pre-release public screening in one of my theatres for the Chris Burgard film "Border" http://www.bordermovie.com

Most of the documentary takes place along our southern border, where Mr Burgard and his crew spent time alongside the Minutemen and locals.

I, along with all the audience members I had a chance to speak with after, were very impressed on how powerful and not slanted this film is. The film also touched many emotions during the presentation--including appropriately placed humor along with very few dry eyes after the end of the film. Mr. Burgard has already won awards for this film, which are listed on the website.

At this time Mr. Burgard is planning a theatrical release prior to a DVD release. He is planning on handling distribution through his company, and unless things change will be looking at venues that can show the DVD format. I personally ended up borrowing a digital projector from our school as the theatre we picked to do the screening is one I do not have on screen ads yet. Even using a run of the mill projector did not take away from the power of the presentation (even though I found it a bit un-nerving with the director sitting in on just an "ok" picture

He has had much interest from radio talk shows accross the country including the Sean Hannity Show, and planning on continuing working with the different hosts.

There is alot of information I would like to share, but in the interest of not making this a book, feel free to e-mail myself or Mr. Burgard with any questions.

[This message has been edited by wimovieman (edited July 22, 2007).]

The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.359 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction