Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby new terms from WB
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me

TOPIC: new terms from WB

new terms from WB 29 Jun 2007 21:22 #15571

• jholliger
  • Expert Boarder
Our booker called today to tell us he is pulling all his Harry Potter booking due to what he says is unrealistic terms. They are to have sent a notice to the theatres but haven't seen ours yet... He says ALL his theatres (12 plexs to single screen) are on board with this. Can't see this making a very big splash with the Big Boys, they'll just eat up the extra crowds we're sending them.

Kinda ticked he didn't ask us just told us he was doing this.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: new terms from WB 29 Jun 2007 21:29 #15572

• Narrow Gauge
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 2
What were the terms?? Oceans was 57.5 % and did not play all that well. Even at 62 or 63 Potter should be a better deal than Oceans given the BO appeal.
Personally I like BV and Universals approach as the better the picture does the more you pay-keeps you from over paying on the flops.

Re: new terms from WB 29 Jun 2007 22:18 #15573

• jholliger
  • Expert Boarder
That's my thoughts too... anybody else know of any bookers trying to play hardball?

Re: new terms from WB 30 Jun 2007 00:10 #15574

• Mike Spaeth
  • Platinum Boarder
It probably has absolutely nothing to do with the terms, but, rather the new "Blended Per Capita" policy they just informed me about.

Re: new terms from WB 30 Jun 2007 08:42 #15575

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
I did not mind the Pirates terms in this case as I was only going to play it for 3 weeks. But, if I was going to keep it past that then that is another story. I do not see myself holding on to titles in the spring or fall from Disney longer than 3 weeks.

And yea, I would be pissed to if my booker did not tell me what he/she was doing. IMO, the booker should be getting the movies that you want. They give their opinion on whether or not it is a good decision but they ultimately should get you what you want.

My booker from time to time just books films and then tells us what we are getting. Usually not a problem but still, get me what I want.

[This message has been edited by rufusjack (edited June 30, 2007).]

Re: new terms from WB 02 Jul 2007 08:34 #15576

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
We got our notice. They re did their per cap averages for everyone with one average price to cover the whole day. This is based on market / theatre so everyone could have a little different number it says. You have to figue the payment both on the normal net and on the per cap net and then pay the higher price. This is not new for WB just the per cap number is new and the fact that there is only one per cap number to cover the whole day. It did not seam a whole lot different than the last HP note we got from WB.

Re: new terms from WB 02 Jul 2007 19:16 #15577

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
According to my figures, I'm looking at nearly 77%. Seems like they could have given us more time to negotiate that arbitrary number.

[This message has been edited by BurneyFalls (edited July 05, 2007).]

Re: new terms from WB 02 Jul 2007 19:52 #15578

• ttroidl
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
We just found out today, and would have pulled potter except all our advertising is already out! I's hard enough for us to handle 3 weeks of ANY picture in our small town, but now to have to raise our prices stinks...

tony.

Re: new terms from WB 03 Jul 2007 08:35 #15579

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
My "blended" price is 75 cents higher then any ticket price I charge. Sounds an awful lot like they're setting a floor for my ticket prices to me. I can't afford to pay a higher percentage so I guess I'll have to raise my prices....

[This message has been edited by leeler (edited July 03, 2007).]
"What a crazy business"

Re: new terms from WB 04 Jul 2007 01:34 #15580

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Or cancel their film; which I am thinking of doing. I will call their rep first though and try and negotiate a lower figure.

Re: new terms from WB 04 Jul 2007 10:01 #15581

• Narrow Gauge
  • Gold Boarder
I am thinking of running one daily matinee and two eve shows to help me hit my blended per cap. Is this penney wise and pound foolish as I would normally run two matinees? Typically in the summer both matinees do well.

Re: new terms from WB 04 Jul 2007 11:21 #15582

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
I still have not seen what the changes are. My booker says that I should have received something in the mail but I have not.

So could someone explain what are the changes? My booker dodged the question yesterday.

Thanks

Re: new terms from WB 04 Jul 2007 11:42 #15583

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
My letter stated that they were going to charge a "blended per capita" or a one price for all tickets model. This is what I currently do now. Trouble is their "blended" price (for my theater) is $4.25 and I only charge $3.50 for all tickets. I ran the numbers and for a typical 35% film with my 2006 average attendance yields a 42.5% term instead of the 35% I would otherwise pay. Kinda sucks, don't it!
"What a crazy business"

Re: new terms from WB 04 Jul 2007 11:46 #15584

• Narrow Gauge
  • Gold Boarder
Wbros sets a blended per cap for tix for your theater-this is a number based on the market. For instance if your blended per cap is 5.00 per person and you had 1000 people opening week, WB would bill your rental as if the gross was $5000.00-However if your actual income was only 4200.00 according to your weekly box report -you would still be billed at the $5000 amount. This effectively raises the paid per cent to a higher level.
For me this means I must try to limit the number of tickets sold that are lower than my blended per cap. Hence because my matinee
tickets are all lower than my blended per cap I am going with only one matinee a day. Also I am not going to accept any free passes or have my usual Monday night discount.
Hey what are we doing working the 4th?-Newbies take note! Yes open all day.

Re: new terms from WB 04 Jul 2007 11:51 #15585

• Narrow Gauge
  • Gold Boarder
Rufusjack
None of my business but booking movies yourself is not that hard. Best decision I have made in the last few years-Saved a bundle of $ and keeps me energized about the biz. Also puts a voice and face to your account.
Time to create page: 0.207 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction