Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby what if the web went poof?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: what if the web went poof?

what if the web went poof? 11 Jul 2007 11:59 #15451

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 41
Last night @ 2:00 AM while waiting for my nephews to escape Harry Potter land I stopped by the office and found the forums down. Thanks to all who wrote me and reported in. I remember when I was a kid that there was a glitch in the phones and if you called a certain number you were dumped into a small "room" of people, all kids, who could all hear and talk to each other. It was crazy and lasted for about a week before they put a spike in it. Can you imagine if the web went bye-bye? It would be terrible but I think I would have to go back to work. I'd miss all you guys and never meet new folks as I have through this medium. This web thing is cooler than Velcro, Wi, garbage bags, calculators, light weight bikes, and other stuff.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: what if the web went poof? 11 Jul 2007 14:13 #15452

• lionheart
  • Gold Boarder
  • Thank you received: 3
Speaking as someone who has had his e-mail program and address list go poof a few times, I can say it's always a good idea to print out a list of e-mail addresses (and other contact info if you've got it) for people you wouldn't want to lose contact with. A paperless society would be lost in the face of a many a major disaster.

Of course, if you are operating a website, backups are very helpful, as I'm sure Mike knows. Still data gets lost. Oh what agony that is sometimes involved in running a website with the kind of resources this one has! I've added a few gray hairs from similar experiences.

Thanks Mike and all those that help to keep this site going!

Re: what if the web went poof? 11 Jul 2007 16:20 #15453

• reelman
  • Gold Boarder
I was beginning withdrawal symptoms without access to the forums. All better now since I've gotten my fix.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.155 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction