Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: picking locks

picking locks 29 Jun 2007 21:27 #15349

• jholliger
  • Expert Boarder
Our owner and assistant projectionist are going nuts trying to open the locks on our Transformers cans... Not really interested in setting the film up early just can't stand not being able to open it now... (They are like this at Christmas too) Told them I'd lock it in the office but the owner just laughed ... "I got a key for that lock"...

Anybody else having this problem...
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: picking locks 30 Jun 2007 00:14 #15350

• Mike Spaeth
  • Platinum Boarder
Nope. I told the projectionists not to mess with them.

Re: picking locks 30 Jun 2007 00:32 #15351

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4

Re: picking locks 30 Jun 2007 08:32 #15352

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 33
My print had a combo lock on it. I called technicolor to get the combo but had to leave a message. If they do not call back, well......these locks are not the most secure you know.

Re: picking locks 30 Jun 2007 17:29 #15353

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
So Technicolor called back and said that we have to call back Monday morning at 9 am.

So there goes putting the movie together and being able to preview it first.

Unless.............

Re: picking locks 30 Jun 2007 21:19 #15354

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Didn't you guys get the note?

Here's the text from the fax/email that Paramount sent around.

BTW... don't touch that lock until Monday!... see below:

Dear Theatre Manager/Projectionist,

Thank you for choosing to play Paramount Pictures TRANSFORMERS.

We are very excited about this release.

In order to ensure that you receive your prints on time for the opening, we have taken some special security precautions to protect the film from any possible piracy issues. You should receive all of your prints by Monday July 2nd, 2007 at 12pm (local time).

You have received a complete print; the first half contains reels one, two and three and the previews and enclosure letters for the release. The second container contains reels four, five, six and seven and is secured by a padlock with a combination code.

There are several ways for you to retrieve the code that opens the can, but it will not be made available until Monday July 2nd. You will not be able to put your prints together until that time. The lock code will be available for you via several easy options;

£ Calling Deluxe Film services at 1-866-524-3456

£ Sending an e-mail with your theatre name, and print numbers to This e-mail address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it

£ Visiting the following website: transformerslockcode.bydeluxe.com

o Via Fax (if we have a valid fax number for you it will be broadcast the morning of the 2nd).

Please keep the following in mind:

£ The lockcode will not be released prior to July 2nd. All retrieval methods will not work until 9:00 am (local time) on July 2nd. There are and will be no exceptions. The systems will not activate until that day and time and will be deactivated 48 hours after activation.

£ The locks, once opened MUST be returned with the feature print as they will be inventoried and verified that they have not been tampered with. Please place them loose into the film cans upon return.

£ Any locks not returned or altered in any way will be documented and given to the appropriate authorities for piracy investigation.

You may make up your trailers and reels one, two and three at your convenience.

We know this will be a successful film for you and we hope that your customers enjoy this movie experience. Please help us by safeguarding your prints until the unlock code is valid.

Thank you in advance for your cooperation and on behalf of the Paramount Family we wish you a safe and happy Fourth of July.

Re: picking locks 01 Jul 2007 05:42 #15355

• Pieman
  • Gold Boarder
wow..I can't believe they are locking them..I bet its already been pirated anyway cos its already released in Australia and New Zealand..most piracy happens at the studios..everyone knows this don't they??

Re: picking locks 01 Jul 2007 07:36 #15356

• Dexxa
  • Junior Boarder
A company online already has it for sale on thier website.

So much good that did lol.

and what happens when you open it on the day and they've missed something inside the tins, maybe a reel might be missing?

Re: picking locks 01 Jul 2007 12:32 #15357

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
So they are basically saying that piracy occurs after we recieve the prints! Otherwise we could get the code before Monday am.

In the video store business, there are stores that break street dates on dvds. Are there theaters that you have seen break opening dates? That seems to be the real reason for this.

Rodejack, did not open up the other can since I saw the lock on the second can.

Has this happened before? This the first time that I have ever received a print that was locked as such.

Re: picking locks 01 Jul 2007 13:31 #15358

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
I've heard talk about it, but nothing like this. Only the plastic zip-ties, and I don't know what that's supposed to mean (how many of those do we have in our junk boxes?

Offhand, I'd speculate that Paramount just didn't want these prints floating around over the weekend. Some theatres got their prints on Thursday. 5 days is long enough to send a print to China (or Canada) and get it back twice.

Re: picking locks 02 Jul 2007 19:29 #15359

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Well, mine came without a lock on Thursday. It has been a circus since then. DFS LA called, wanted to know if my print had a lock and if not, why not. They said they were going to send someone up here in the sticks to put a lock on the can on Saturday morning. No one came. Then DFS SF called. They said the can had a lock when they shipped it out. I said I picked it up at the DHL depot and mentioned to the manager there that I heard it was supposed to be locked. The DHL guy said they didn't see a lock.

Then DFS LA called and said they would send someone by Saturday night. I said, no--we are not open. Saturday was the town's fireworks. OK Sunday they will send a courier to lock my can back up for a day--NO SHOW! The whole thing just seems like a scare tactic.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.186 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction