Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby 2 screen (like art-house)
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: 2 screen (like art-house)

2 screen (like art-house) 18 Jun 2007 01:01 #15219

• mlofgran
  • Fresh Boarder
I am a real estate developer looking to add a small theatre to create a unique draw for the center.

My thought was a small theatre (probably 2 screens) that would show primarily new classics like Robin Hood, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels, etc. Then perhaps show some real classics (Casablanca, Rear Window, etc.) for a date night. And last maybe a time for Disney-type movies for the younger children.

There is a new 16-plex theatre 2 miles down the road but my thought is that it might not compete with a different offering like that.

Q: Could an offering like this really even pay the bills?

Any feedback is appreciated.

-ML
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 2 screen (like art-house) 18 Jun 2007 07:12 #15220

• LanceC
  • Expert Boarder
A. No

Re: 2 screen (like art-house) 19 Jun 2007 12:29 #15221

• BECKWITH1
  • Platinum Boarder
While I also believe that Lance is correct as you are currently structuring your twin screen, there are always possibilites if the rent can be made to be cheap enough to support a subrun venue. Your intended program would be prohibitively expensive to acquire the movies as they are not in current release and many titles that you have in mind could not be obtained. Disney in particular does not license anything except films in current release. I suspect that art film is out because the big boy down the street will get first call on that also. So you are left running the stuff that the big boy has already played. While there is a small market for cheaper priced admission no one is going to make it easy to tap that market. I don't know where you are located but rent/sq foot in my area of Ohio would have to be kept in $2-3 area to make a go of it. I can probably guess that that would not generate the profitability you are looking for but if you are still interested in pursuing we could try to help.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.135 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction