Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Transformers

Transformers 21 May 2007 21:59 #15096

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
Anyone asked about only showing Transformers for 7/4 - 7/12?? (2 screens and not enough room)? Would also do a 9:45 or so show the third week if it could be paired with Ratatouille during its third week on the same screen.

Too many good movies in June and July.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Transformers 22 May 2007 08:19 #15097

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Good Luck trying to get by with that. When ever I ask to do that my booker laughs.

Too many movies not enough screens either.

Are we going to have a good fall and Christmas holiday with all the summer movies?

Re: Transformers 22 May 2007 12:18 #15098

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
Very good question, dsschoenborn. It seems the industry simply abandons us in the fall and early spring. But this year, there might just be so much summer product out there that us little guys/gals will be able to play this fall some of the ones we had to pass over so we could play the major blockbusters this summer.

It looks like Christmas is going to be crowded also--so Jan/Feb might not be so bad either this year.

Oh, to have so many problems!!!

[This message has been edited by BurneyFalls (edited May 22, 2007).]

Re: Transformers 22 May 2007 15:54 #15099

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
I have gotten as low as a 10 day run but they were known dogs coming in. Transformer looks better than the doggies. I like to ask but if only to hear them laugh. 14 days, 13 days, but 8? That's funny. And we want them to "maintain the window".

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Transformers 22 May 2007 18:26 #15100

• rufusjack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 30
Mike,

Does not hurt to ask right?

The reality is that the movie probably only has 9 (not 8) days of great business before it drops hard with Ratatouille & Harry Potter coming.

It was their choice to release this movie in a busy month just as it is going to be with Evan Almighty. Who here does not think that both of these titles would do better in August? I see no way that I would play this movie at any other time.

But it probably does not matter too much as their probably plenty of screens to show it. Just probably not much variety at the megaplexes. This weekend a 12 plex by me has Shrek playing on 3, Pirate playing on 4. I can't imagine how late June will look.

Re: Transformers 22 May 2007 20:02 #15101

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
I once got a movie on the break for three days!

Re: Transformers 24 May 2007 09:18 #15102

I don't think it will fly, when theaters who passed on Shrek for Pirates are not able to play Shrek until 7/4. They seem to be in a bit of retaliation mode.

Re: Transformers 24 May 2007 09:37 #15103

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
I think Disney is in retaliation mode too when theaters pass up on opening Pirates.

I doubt they would only let you play Transformers for one week, especially with a supposedly summer blockbuster hit.

Re: Transformers 24 May 2007 14:47 #15104

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 40
Retaliation? I am shocked!!! Shocked!!!

As we all know: this is a real person to person business. Especially in booking. Relationships matter. And they do get seriously miffed when you book something else rather than a picture they want to see on your screen. Don't forget that the sales person you speak with at the distribs has a boss too and that boss can be a very tough boss who expects results. Things flow downhill.

And no: it never huirts to ask and in fact it helps to ask.

Let's just remember when we complain about windows that it was us who wanted out after 14 days or in after 14 days for a 3 day run.

Can't we have it both ways?

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.203 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction