Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Construction costs
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Construction costs

Construction costs 21 Apr 2001 00:40 #1509

• gosummer
  • Fresh Boarder
Hi everyone. I must say this is a fantastic site! I have scoured the old posts and still cannot find an answer to my question. I am looking at building a new theater and am curious about construction costs. I own a single screen theater now so am familiar with the biz. Is $100 /sq ft an accurate #. I believe this is suppose to include everything from walls, electical, ac, equip etc. Does this sound right? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Construction costs 21 Apr 2001 12:22 #1510

• Ken Layton
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
When Act 3 Theaters was building, their costs were a million dollars per screen when all was said and done. So a 20-plex would cost 20 million dollars.

I have seen other people build a 3-plex for $150,000 though and still come out with a nice theater.

Re: Construction costs 22 Apr 2001 17:23 #1511

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 43
I think there is a real difference in per sq foot for the theatre costs and the fit out costs for proj equip. Our 3 screen cost us about 40.00 per sq foot after everything. A new seven screen near us cost them over 7 times that! 2.3 million for 7. I would work it a little differently than looking for a simple sq foot cost package. Talk to builders what you are doing and you'll find your per sq ft construct cost roughly. Around here in Maine it's 45-65 for new construct. You can make it much, much higher. In LA IU can only imagine. No unions here. I'm going to put a poll up asking "how much did you pay per screen for your theatre?"
Best/ Mike
Michael Hurley
Impresario
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.156 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction