Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: spiderman 3

spiderman 3 07 May 2007 07:33 #15069

• sheri6363
  • Senior Boarder
How did everyone do? we did ok nothing like the big cities seemed to do. Most of our customers we're male under 25yrs old.I think we'll be a Shrek kind of town.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: spiderman 3 07 May 2007 18:52 #15070

• MovieGuy
  • Gold Boarder
We sold out our Thursday night midnight show....195 seats. Have S3 on three screens, every hour showtimes...125-175 patrons per show. Doing extremely well on attendance and concessions. But, boy are they pigs.....theatres are trashed with garbage. doesn't anyone use garbage cans anymore????

Re: spiderman 3 07 May 2007 22:03 #15071

• sevstar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 9
Mid size town locations it did super business. We passed on it for our small town single screen locations in favor of Shrek. Due to the small towns being strong family markets. And Shrek having better legs, than these first week rush out to see releases like S3.

Re: spiderman 3 08 May 2007 00:01 #15072

• rodeojack
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
A friend of mine also passed on it. Sony asked for 4 weeks firm, and that would have messed with Shrek.

We did very well for this time of year. My other two screens did not do well, so with the percentages I'll be paying for S3, Ahhhh... guess it all works out. Concessions were through the roof. These people were somewhat messier than average, but so were their appetites!

It'll be very interesting to see how S3 does in its second week.

Re: spiderman 3 08 May 2007 12:53 #15073

• dsschoenborn
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Basicaly sold out our 550 seat theatre twice this weekend and had really bog corwds the other shows. Sunday we were down slightly becuase in part the newspaper ran Monday's ad which showed no matinee times. Compared to Sat matinee we were down about 200 customers. Overall I'm glad summer has arrived but things are too close together for me. Too many movies and not enough large auditoriums to play them in.

Weekday have been very week so far. I think Disturbia had as good or better weekday shows.

[This message has been edited by dsschoenborn (edited May 10, 2007).]

Re: spiderman 3 10 May 2007 09:22 #15074

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
It did quite well on the weekend, but the weekdays have been weak. To be expected though, since my theatres are not usually open Tuesday-Thursday.

Re: spiderman 3 12 May 2007 19:06 #15075

• revrobor
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 23
We have it on five of our 15 screens. Sold out two of our three midnight screenings. Haven't had a full house since.

Bob Allen
The Old Showman
Bob Allen
The Old Showman

Re: spiderman 3 19 May 2007 01:51 #15076

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
My opening night of Shrek just beat Spidey's opening night. How did they compare at your places?

Re: spiderman 3 19 May 2007 08:21 #15077

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
I sold out with Shrek last nite but don't play Spidey until after my Shrek run. Hope it hasn't fizzled out by then.
"What a crazy business"

Re: spiderman 3 19 May 2007 08:37 #15078

• sevstar
  • Platinum Boarder
"My opening night of Shrek just beat Spidey's opening night."

Same here Burney. And we sold out all shows.

Leeler: Spidy burned out for us real fast after the opening week. We knew it would, so didn't book it into our small town single screen's. We do much much better with movies like Shrek on those screens.

Re: spiderman 3 19 May 2007 09:55 #15079

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
Spiderman dropped off quite a bit for us as well. Unfortunately we were required to show it for 3 weeks and had to pass up opening Shrek 3 on May 18. Dreamworks is holding a print of Shrek 3 for us to show on May 25 so hopefully our customers will be patient and wait a week to see Shrek.

Re: spiderman 3 19 May 2007 20:16 #15080

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
sevstar, what are you bringing in after Shrek then? There isn't much else out there
"What a crazy business"

Re: spiderman 3 19 May 2007 23:00 #15081

• sevstar
  • Platinum Boarder
Leeler: We are bringing in Spiderman for one week after Shrek in our single screens. It just was not prudent for us to play Spidy at the single screens on the break. And miss Shrek on the break. After Spidy we will play Pirates 3 in them. And then go with Rat-a-too-ee on the break. In just two days Shrek has already grossed 56% of what Spidy has done at our multi-screen's since Spidy's break. Shrek 1 and 2 were our top grossing movies the years they were released. So we had that history to go on when making our decision this year.

Re: spiderman 3 20 May 2007 07:35 #15082

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
Sevstar,

That sounds like a good plan. I'm bringing in Spidey for one week also. I was told in no uncertain terms that I could not play Pirates 3 until after the fourth of July which has left me scrambling for a plan somewhat. I'd love to bring in Ratatouille on the break but I'd love to bring in Harry Potter 3 on the break as well and that means playing Pirates in August which sounds silly to me. How did you swing the Pirates deal?
"What a crazy business"

Re: spiderman 3 20 May 2007 10:02 #15083

• sevstar
  • Platinum Boarder
Leeler,
July 4th, that is 6 weeks out from the break. Sounds like you might have run into the new terms discussed in another topic. What is your highest ticket price? $5 Adult evening is the minimum for our area with most of the distributors to play on the break. Or slightly after the break.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.223 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction