Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: displays

displays 17 Apr 2001 13:09 #1502

• ryjenn
  • Fresh Boarder
guys i own a home theater and concession buisness and i have tried and tried to get promotional material from the studios to use in our store ie...posters for the back lit cases and other displays just to use as decorations and at the same time it is promoting their movies.
i have been told time and time again to forget it and they won't send me anything.
i do not want to pay a bounty on ebay for items and have no plans on ever selling these things i just want some current displays. even the company who supplies me with mylars will not sell any title art to me.
is this something i should forget about or can someone help me out with info here.
any help would be great!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: displays 17 Apr 2001 21:17 #1503

Getting current stuff you might as well forget. Studios will (as you have found out) No part with displays unless you are a Theatre and sometimes only when you are certain to be booked for that film. You can try a local theatre but I doubt that they would help either. In this day of intellectual property rights everything is still owned by the studios and they control it. Fox prints directly on thier stuff that it can be transferred in no way to anyone. People asked all the time for posters and displays and I would have to tell them no. The studios would rather you destroy it than let it get into the hands of some one who "might" make money off it.
If the studios will go after web sites for using Harry Potter and the X- files you can bet they don't want you to have displays.

The administrator has disabled public write access.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction