Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Booking Flat Fee
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Booking Flat Fee

Booking Flat Fee 25 Apr 2007 10:29 #14963

• editor
  • Junior Boarder
For a free summer kids series we do here we have been booking older films on a flat fee. Last year the films were booked and delivered but rather than putting them together we just rented the DVD and show it and sent films back untouched. This year I am trying to avoid the film shipping cost and just pay the fee to book for using a DVD instead. The cost is the same but I and the film cos save on the shipping. Paramount has been great to deal with, but , I am having trouble getting contact info for some of the others. I know BV will not do this at all, can anyone help me with the contact info for the other film cos to do the flat booking of old titles?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Booking Flat Fee 25 Apr 2007 10:42 #14964

• Larry Thomas
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
You can do DVD bookings for older titles with Universal (Paul Ginsburg in LA), Fox (via Criterion Films in Chicago), MGM (your branch rep), and WB (WB Classics in LA).

Disney and Sony will not do this, and of course, you already know that Paramount will.

If you need any more info (contacts, etc.) just let me know.

LT

Re: Booking Flat Fee 25 Apr 2007 11:04 #14965

Another question:

Are there on-line sources that list the old/classic films that are available, and their rental fees? I guess that would be just too convenient.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, helvetica">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by editor:
For a free summer kids series we do here we have been booking older films on a flat fee. Last year the films were booked and delivered but rather than putting them together we just rented the DVD and show it and sent films back untouched. This year I am trying to avoid the film shipping cost and just pay the fee to book for using a DVD instead. The cost is the same but I and the film cos save on the shipping. Paramount has been great to deal with, but , I am having trouble getting contact info for some of the others. I know BV will not do this at all, can anyone help me with the contact info for the other film cos to do the flat booking of old titles?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Re: Booking Flat Fee 25 Apr 2007 13:17 #14966

• Larry Thomas
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 4
Yep. Way too convenient. I always tell potential accounts before they even ask the first question that, no, there is no master list.

Re: Booking Flat Fee 27 Apr 2007 08:56 #14967

• Mike
  • Administrator
  • Thank you received: 45
I love it. Order up a film, it gets delivered in the big cans, and then: rent and play the DVD on a vid projector. Did someone say "digital?" Not quite but sure getting close.

Michael Hurley
Impresario
Michael Hurley
Impresario

Re: Booking Flat Fee 01 May 2007 20:47 #14968

• Avalon
  • Platinum Boarder
Be careful about dealing with Criteron. They are very difficult and will keep billing you no matter how many times you send them copies of the canceled cks. I have instructed my booker to never again book anything from them. There's too much good public domain DVD out there to be treated that badly.
Paul Turner
Avalon Cinema
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.196 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction