Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Trailers VS Sales
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Trailers VS Sales

Trailers VS Sales 18 Apr 2007 14:02 #14900

• Cinemateer
  • Gold Boarder
Has anyone noticed any relationship between the popularity of a trailer and the film's box office sales? For example, on Yahoo's home page, they show the most popular trailers. I'm wondering if this is any indication of which movies will be most popular at the box office?
"In a place like this, the magic is all around you. The trick is to see it." -Martin Landau
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Trailers VS Sales 18 Apr 2007 20:12 #14901

• reelman
  • Gold Boarder
I watch my customers reactions to lobby material, posters, etc. Another tip off is if alot of people are asking questions about a particular film. One of my most reliable gauges is my answering machines. They each have a digital counter that records the # of calls. If it's high on opening day by noon- better make sure I'm ready. If it's low- I've got a dog on my hands.

Re: Trailers VS Sales 20 Apr 2007 21:04 #14902

• Cinemateer
  • Gold Boarder
I'm trying to gauge movies to book BEFORE I book them. I know there's no fool-proof method, but I would think that a movie with a popular trailer a week before it's release would be a good bet.
"In a place like this, the magic is all around you. The trick is to see it." -Martin Landau
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction