Banner
Home Forums Movie Theaters The Lobby Why do you do it?
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Why do you do it?

Why do you do it? 02 Apr 2007 13:21 #14757

• cft
  • Senior Boarder
I've been pouring over these boards for some weeks now and can see a lot of you vets in the biz really have some great experience and insight. I'm really curious to know for some of you how you got started and why? Also, what your role is as an owner. Do you like to book the films yourself? Or is there another role you play that makes it satisfying for you? Did you start with nothing or was it a family business? I'd love to know your stories.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Why do you do it? 02 Apr 2007 15:35 #14758

• Orpheum
  • Senior Boarder
I started in 1971, at age 11, in Des Moines Iowa working at a variety of theatres doing every job imaginable. At age 15 I managed my first theatre as a result of a projectionist strike. At age 19 I was managing the curcuit flagship...a beautiful cinerama house. Over the years I have bought and sold several theatres for various reasons. Now, my family and I operate a historic twin in a small Illinois community and love every minute of it. Here is my theatre: www.bestmoviedeal.com
My Son is getting married in May so we are looking to expand to handle the needs of his new family. I book for myself and can see no reason for doing it any other way...I have never been denied product because of this.

Re: Why do you do it? 02 Apr 2007 16:02 #14759

• cft
  • Senior Boarder
www.bestmoviedeal.com

What a beauty! I can't believe you offer a $5 package with drink and popcorn! Incredible! You've gotta be packin' them in!

Re: Why do you do it? 03 Apr 2007 18:47 #14760

• BurneyFalls
  • Platinum Boarder
It took me awhile, but I found where this had been discussed before:

Topic: How did you buy or get into the movie theatre business?
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.210 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction