Banner
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
  • Page:

TOPIC: Horror

Horror 29 Mar 2007 16:44 #14727

• cft
  • Senior Boarder
Do any of you guys do horror revivals or midnight movies? If so, do they do well for you? Or are mainstream kid/family movies your bread and butter?
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Horror 29 Mar 2007 19:56 #14728

• puzzlegut
  • Platinum Boarder
We're located in a small town and we generally stick with comedies and kids/family movies as these are what do the best for us. We've barely showed any horror movies. Last Halloween weekend, we showed The Grudge 2 and figured it would do good because it was just before Halloween, but it didn't do very well.

Re: Horror 30 Mar 2007 08:02 #14729

• leeler
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 12
ditto for me. I'm thinking about doing "The Invasion" this year although it will be 10 weeks old by that time. It has big name stars in it and is described as horror/sci-fi. Halloween is a lousy time of year for movies and I struggle every year to do something to bring them in, to no avail. Maybe this will be my year?????
"What a crazy business"

Re: Horror 30 Mar 2007 08:25 #14730

• cft
  • Senior Boarder
I'm really surprised that Halloween ISN'T a good time! If you look at the imdb, the horror boards are the most popular. I suppose every market is different. I do break out my horror DVDs around Halloween if there's not a good new release in theatres, so perhaps that's where the horror fans are getting their fix!

Re: Horror 30 Mar 2007 14:23 #14731

• sevstar
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 7
Since the early 90's Halloween has been very slow for us. Seems the holiday has expanded a lot. Now we have to compete with not only trick or treating. But a lot of Halloween parties, parades, and many events people now have at their homes. But back in the 70's to the early 80's... Man! Would we pack them in!! Seems now it's more of a gather friends and familes, and slap their favorite horror DVD's in.

As far as just horror releases in general during the year, it depends. In our small town single screen locations they are DOA. In our multiscreen's in the larger towns. The first week is usually packed with a 60% drop the second week. After that forget about it.
And horror has been lousy playing second run for over a decade now.

As for the drive-in's in our area. They seem to just skip them by. And totally focus on the mainstream and family product.

Re: Horror 30 Mar 2007 15:43 #14732

• jacker5
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 6
Horror shows do good when programmed for late night on the weekends.
Get 2nd run and do midnight or late shows fri/sat on them.
As a first run in small towns tough sell but as a seperate feature from your regular shows it may do well!

Re: Horror 01 Apr 2007 15:37 #14733

• slapintheface
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Thank you received: 18
The plaza theater in Atlant ga does horror revivals every month....
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.192 seconds
attraction attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction
attraction